Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump "SYNTAX_ERROR " - The program "ZXXXXXX" is not Unicode-compatible,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My system have been upgraded to 4.6C (non unicode) to ECC6 (unicode)

Now I have a dump with a program

Dump : SYNTAX_ERROR

Désignation : Syntax error in program "ZXXXXXX"

Causes :The program "ZXXXXXX" is not Unicode-compatible, according to its program attributes."

Can you help me please ?

Regards,

Soufiane

Ps : I'm not a developer. I am a technical Admin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the first thing to do is to look at the program attributes and see if the "Unicode checks active" flag is set or not. If not, set it (or have a developer do it) and see if it passes the syntax check.

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You may need a developer to look at it and modify it depending on what exactly the syntax error is. Go to the program in SE38, and do a syntax check on it, note the error, and fix it. I don't think that simply turning off the Unicode checks in the program attributes is going to cut it, but you might try that as well. I would highly suggest pulling a developer into this and not doing anything yourself.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the first thing to do is to look at the program attributes and see if the "Unicode checks active" flag is set or not. If not, set it (or have a developer do it) and see if it passes the syntax check.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I saw that Note OSS n°1186278

I try It

- Check the 'Unicode checks active' in program)

And now It's an other Dump...

Dump : OBJECTS_NOT_BYTELIKE

"At the statement "op1 O/Z/M op2" only byte-type data objects (type X or XSTRING) are supported at the

argument position "op1". In this particular case, the operand "op1" does not have the byte-type

type "b".

It's an other problem....if you know this dump

by the way, I see the OSS Note

Thank's Rob

0 Kudos

You're right - it's a different problem. Rather than trying to figure out this yourself, you should take Rich's advice and find a developer to take care of this. There may be lots more problems in addition to this.

Rob

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

From Developer side they have to correct the code that they mentions the different sturcutre and passing them. So go to the Attributes of the program and uncheck the Unicode Check enable.

And ask the developer abt the structures.

Regards,

Bharani