Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Org Hierarchy view setup

dnieuwoudt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on setting up the Org Hierarchy view in TVN? Currently I only have a single, blank box displaying on the Nakisa webpage in the Org view (under Position tab).

Also, I'm looking for the full document set and a config manual (other than the installation guide and administrator guide available after installation).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Dirk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP TVN OrgChart is a powerful enterprise-level management solution used to access, visualize and manage human capital and organizational structure information. It delivers graphical views of human resources data, insights into your company's structure, and tools to manage and understand global workforce information.

SAP TVN OrgChart is a powerful human capital visualization and management tool. The user interface has been designed to maximize the amount of information displayed while maintaining ease of use.

There are two hierarchies included in the standard SAP configuration of OrgChart

􀂄

OrgUnit Hierarchy

􀂄

Organization Name, Organization ID, Organization Icon

􀂄

SAP Table HRP1000

􀂄

HROCI -HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML

􀂄

Position Hierarchy

􀂄

Position Name, Person Name, Position Status Icon

􀂄

SAP Table HRP1000 for Position Name

􀂄

BAPI_ORGUNITEXT_DATA_GET

􀂄

SAP Table PA0001 for Person Name

􀂄

HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML

dnieuwoudt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry Manikya, but that does not answer my question. I am looking for the info in the following path:

ADMIN CONSOLE > Position >Org Unit Hierarchy > General Settings >

- Hierarchy ID Field

- Hierarchy Parent Field

- Element ID Field, etc etc.

I also require this infor for "Position Derived" and "Succession".

This is Version 1.41 of Nakisa C&SP running on EhP3.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Usually these fields are stored by default. They are a standard set of names that are used by the BAPIs that get and return the data from SAP. These are:

OrgUnit Hierarchy:

Hierarchy ID: Object_ID

Parent ID: ParentNo

Element ID: Object_ID

Position Derived:

Parent ID: <blank>

Element ID: EmployeeID

Sucession:

Parent ID: <blank>

Element ID: Object_ID

Youalso need to make sure the link settings are also populated.

If you have already used these and only get part of the structure your SAP user ID may not have the required authorisations to view all of the structure. Nakisa can recommend how to setup the user.

Good luck.

Luke

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

the view should be all pre-configured once you entered the connection information to SAP. You can do some basic configuration changes within the Nakisa Admin. Once you are in the Admin, go to OrgChart > Under OrgUnit Hierarchy, expand the + sign to locate Position Hierarchy > click on Views. The details designer will allow you to add/remove fields available in the data element (note: the fields that are available in the out of the box build are limited).

As for having a blank box displaying, would recommend you review the evaluation path to ensure it is correct and pointing to the right info.

Under the document folder within the product folder, you should have an HROCI guide which will help with setting up of evaluation paths.

Let me know how it works out

Carl

dnieuwoudt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

I managed to get a part of the org unit to show, but I can only see the main org unit and the positions directly below it. The other org units and their positions are not visible. I have checked the evaluation paths again and all of the paths are set up exactly as in the manual.

I suspect that not all of my settings in "General settings" are set up correctly, but the manual is very unclear about discriptions of the different fields and what a default set up would look like.

Regards,

Dirk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl

I hope you were able to setup the Orgchart successfully. Well if you are still stuck?

Did you enter the correct Orgunit Root in the General Settings in the Admin for Nakisa?

thanks

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

You mentioned that the fields available in the out of the box functionality is limited, can you tell me how to add fields to the out of the box functionality? We are using the standard HR-OCI.

Thanks,

Seetha