Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Cannot be generated

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm facing issue in IDOC. Although we have maintained all necessary information in WE20 for IDOC i.e. message type INVOIC and basic type INVOIC01 but once Iu2019m generating IDOCs via EDI messages from VF02 Iu2019m getting Message :

'DOCTYP and IDOCTP fields are empty'

Message no. EA624

Diagnosis

An IDoc is to be generated whose control record does not have sufficient information in it. Neither the field IDOCTP nor the field DOCTYP has a value. Therefore, the IDoc cannot be stored properly.

I'm not sure what Iu2019m missing in IDOC configuration!

Earlier they were getting IDOC successfully but once existing messages has been deleted manually from VF02 right after IDOC not been generating.

Can anybody throw some lights please?

Thank you.

Amit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

can you explain more detailed what is deleted ?

(you said: ...once existing messages has been deleted manually from VF02 )

Regards,

Gordon

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

can you explain more detailed what is deleted ?

(you said: ...once existing messages has been deleted manually from VF02 )

Regards,

Gordon

0 Kudos

From VF02>Goto>Header>Output>Here they deleted messages manually.

Earlier IDOC were generated successfully. The problem only lies after deleting the messages.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you.

Amit.

0 Kudos

Update:We figured-out the issue.

The problem with RFC load-balancing.Now we are getting IDOC successfully.

But I'm facing further issue with IDOC extension (INVOIC01).

I created only one segment in IDOC extension(INVOIC01) now i have to populate data into this. I know i have to code In Exit but while processing from VF02 none of Exit are getting triggered.

I wrote piece of code in EXIT_SAPLVEDF_002.

Also, I have tried with debugging (Set break-point at Call customer-function) and noticed control in not reaching into any of EXITs.

I have piece of code but not sure where to put in!?!

Here are My details Process Code id SD09 and FM is IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.

Any suggestion would be highly appriciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Just a small check list :

1. Check if project is active in the CMOD where the component EXIT_SAPLVEDF_002 is used.

2. Check that the include ZXEDFU02 in the function module EXIT_SAPLVEDF_002 is active.

3. Extension that you created for INVOIC01 is maintained in the partner profile.

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

Yes all these Things are active. The strange thing is that even after i set a break-point at line statement "Call customer-function" it is not getting triggered either.

Any more possibility due to configuration or elsewhere?

I'm using process code SD09 anf FM is IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC. And control is not getting hit neither from WE19 nor from VF02!?!

0 Kudos

Hi Amit ,

No access for the data segment popuation in the in the provided Customer Exits . So , can suggest go with the implicit Enhancement Implementation in the Include LVEDFF0F at appropriate place .

Regards

Sree .

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The break point will never reach from WE19. Because it is an Outbound Idoc, and when you test from WE19 you take an existing Idoc and trigger that by pressing the 'Standard output processing' button.

As for VF02, if you want to debug the triggering of output, you cannot do this if the dispatch time of the output is 4. i.e immediate output.

When you repeat the output, goto further data and change the Dispatch time field to 1. Save and come out of VF02.

Then run the program RSNAST00 to trigger the output that you saved in VF02, but make sure you put a break point on the subroutine edi_processing of program RSNASTED ( maintained in the processing routines in the NACE) before you run the program. Also set break points on the exit functions of function IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.

When the program RSNAST00 runs, see if it is stopping at edi_processing and there it calls the function which should be IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

Yes, I know in case of Outbound WE19 is only for creating Test IDOC which would be same replica of existing one.

Also in my case dispatch time of the output is already 1 i think which is correct.

@Sree:Correct me if I'm wrong,There is no chance or you should not create Enhancement implementations for LVEDFF0F.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit ,

checked and am able to create .if are you in ECC 6.0 below works ,Just giving the navigaion Edit ->enhancement options->Implicit and go for the Enhance soure code(Spiral)-shift+f4.go for right at """"""""" this symbols Enhancement Implementation ->create . go for appropriate place to create as per your requiemnt . I hope it works .

Regards

Sree

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, I know in case of Outbound WE19 is only for creating Test IDOC which would be same replica of existing one.

Yes but it doesn't trigger the code ( function module ) again

Also in my case dispatch time of the output is already 1 i think which is correct.

So you are running RSNAST00, after you create the output and save VF02, but it is still not stopping at the break point ?

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Yes it wont trigger FM from WE19 in case of Outbound.

So you are running RSNAST00, after you create the output and save VF02,

No i'm not executing RSNAST00,Just directly from VF02 only.

Also,i believe RSNAST00 wont help much because this also run based on message type and the same functionality is suppose to execute from VF02.

Quick Update : Just realize, and i "switched on" System debugging i got Hit on My code , will update you soon how the rest processing goes.

Cheers,

Amit.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit , Save Direclty- (meant trigger RSNAST00 background) will not stop at break point ( In bcakground Dynamic points are inactive ) . to add a segment my above posting helps .

Regards

Sree

0 Kudos

Quick Update : Just realize, and i "switched on" System debugging i got Hit on My code , will update you soon how the rest processing goes

Oh Yes ! that is one way to debug.

Another way is how I've mentioned before. I always do that to see that the correct partner profile and correct function is getting called -:)

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Although, I do not have anything to update rather than saying its solved or "asdf" "s" "thx" blah blah

Anyways,Yes The issue has been solved with the adding the piece of code for IDOC extension in EXIT_SAPLVEDF_002 for Process code SD09 And FM was IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.

Sorry For delayed update.

Thank you.

Amit.