cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitor Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 11.0.0.1282 and I am using dual monitors. When I am working just from my laptop (not connected to the second monitor) I am finding that some of the windows in Crystal (i.e. formula editor, database export, etc.) are opening as if the second monitor is attached. The main window opens on my laptop monitor as it should.

Is there a way I can fix it so that all windows will open on the laptop monitor which is the main monitor?

When I look for hot fixes or services packs for my version of Crystal I can't find any. Thought maybe there would be a hot fix for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giulia,

The Dual Monitor is not supported with Crystal Reports. There is no solution for the Crystal supporting Dual Monitors. Please go through the link provided below,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_....do

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Abhijeet T.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. I was able to get those windows that were giving me problems back on my laptop monitor by maximizing the screen using the windows shortcut Alt + Spacebar + the letter X.

Closing the window using Alt + F4 was very helpful as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

Apparently, Crystal Designer tells the OS to put the window where it was the last time it was displayed. Usually, that can be construed as convenient. When this is not in the range of the current desktop (like when the prior run was with a dual monitor and you're now on a single monitor), the OS still blindly follows CR's instructions, and the window does not appear on the screen. The OS, however, thinks it is displayed, and is waiting for your response.

IMHO, this is really an issue with Windoze, as it makes no sense (to me, anyway) to put a dialog anywhere the user can not see it. However, I don't see how this would be so extremely difficult for CR to work around, either. (Tedious, probably. Hard, definately not.)

Depending on the type of window that pops up, you may be able to use the Window keyboard shortcut keys to move and/or resize the window back to the single monitor. See [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449] for all of the shortcut keys available. In particular, you can use Alt-F4 to close the window, which will at least keep you from having to kill Crystal... If Maximize is available, that should bring it onto the visible portion of the monitor as well.

Another solution would be to delete the registry keys where CR stores the prior screen positions, but that can be less than friendly, and potentially dangerous... CR then thinks that the window was never displayed, and chooses a visible spot on the current monitor. If only it did the same thing if any (or all) of the old coordinates were outside the current monitor's dimensions...

HTH,

Carl