cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wsdl <xsd: extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if this has been answered before.

I have been searching SDN and OSS for a few weeks about this.

I can where it says to try some things - but I'm not sure what it is saying to try.

I can see one OSS note that may apply (it says to go to SP16) - but then that doesn't make sense to me either.

I have a WSDL given to me by a third party company.

I contains <xsd: extension> in it.

When I generate the proxy - it gives an error and says <extension> is not supported.

The WSDL is very very large, but I pulled out a small piece of it that did not have an <extension>, generated the proxy class for that part, and successfully used it in a program connecting to their site.

Is there a way to get a WSDL into SAP that contains <extension> in it?

Again - I apologize if this is a redundant question.

Thanks for your help.

Scott Overmeyer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI - I found that this problem is corrected in Service Pack 14.

Thanks.

Scott Overmeyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for the info!

Interesting, though I don't know atm what the restrictions (only simpe content and without xsi:type only) mean.

For everyone else's reference: [SAP Note 944029|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/944029]

anton.

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is there any workaround how I can change the xsi:type in the WSDL in a way that SPROXY can generate a consumer proxy?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to get a WSDL into SAP that contains <extension> in it?

No! That is the meaning of "not supported".

There is an obvious workaround though if you know what 'extension' is. In short, with extension a derived datatype extends a basic datatype. i.e. the derived data type containes all fields of the basic data type plus some extensions. so, the workaround is to manipulate the derived datatypes by including the simple types from the basic types directly into them. if done correctly a data set validating against the original WSDL also validates against the new WSDL

anton

Edited by: Anton Wenzelhuemer on Feb 6, 2009 3:58 PM (typos)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes - I know what extension does.

I have edited the WSDL some to get one part of it working in SAP.

The problem is the WSDL's I have are 100's of pages long.

I was hoping that someone may have found a program to solve this.

Or also that maybe someone knew that SAP would support this in a future release.

Thanks.

Scott