Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping point and Loading point

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any1 explain whats the difference between shipping point and loading point?......say for instance my plant is at sriperumbattur and I have to ship the goods from chennai let te point be "X" so in this scenario I have to transport the goods from my plant to X so which is loading point here?.......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear S Kumar,

As Standard:

Shipping Point can be assigned with as many Loading Points as possible and all the loading points are specific to that shipping point.

The relation is one to many. All the loading points are unique to that shipping point.

Settings, to determine Shipping Point is done in T. Code: OVL2; based upon:

Shipping conditions + Loading Grp + Plant

Whereas,

Settings, to determine Loading Point is done in

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprose Structure --> Definition --> Logistics Execution --> Maintain Loading Point

The departure loading point specifies the start point of a shipment stage. This start point is also the loading point for the shipping point.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Reference -

[Shipping Point vs. Loading Point|]

Tables in MM:

TVST Shipping point

TVLA Loading point

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor

Dear Friend,

Loading Point is futher Division if Shipping Point.

For example in a Shipping Point there are four gates:

Gate 1 - for Chemicals

Gate 2 - for Perfumes

Gate 3 - for Scrap

Gate 4 - Only for receiving Goods.

In the above you case you can definer different loading points & configure the system such that Gate 4 (loading pont) is not used for shipping goods (as it is only for receiving goods).

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipping point: Shipping point is the organizational unit thru which material can be moved out of the plant. It is assigned to Plant. And delivery is initiated by shipping point.

Loading point: Loading point is one of the components of the shipping process and that can be maintained manually.

For example, If you are moving a material from plant through a specific gate and it can be moved using a crane then in this example, Gate can be considered as shipping point and Crane as Loading point.

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One Shipping point can have one or more Loading point having different loading facilities/eqipments.

These Loading points are unique to one Shipping point only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Shipping Point:

Location that performs all delivery related activities

Assigned a factory calendar

A delivery can be processed from only one shipping point for single delivery

Loading Point:

A subdivision of the shipping point used for more specialized handling

Loading point is where exactly the physical loading takes place. Loading point is like ramp (each shipping point will be having no.of loading points) where the truck / container stands.

Regarding determination, please check up whether loading points created for your particular shipping point!

Regards

former_member839993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, we shall understand a shipping point and a loading point

Shipping Point:The shipping point is the top level in the organization for shipping.

A shipping point can be allocated to several plants.

A shipping point can be divided into several loading points.

A delivery is always initiated from exactly one shipping point. Thus, all items of a delivery belong to one shipping point. Groups of deliveries also belong to exactly one shipping point.

You can influence delivery scheduling via allocation to departure zones.

The shipping point can be proposed automatically during order processing depending on the plant, loading group and shipping condition.

A shipping point has an address.

The shipping point is used as a selection criterion for lists of deliveries and the work list deliveries.

The shipping point is used as a selection criterion for processing deliveries like printing, picking or goods issue.

You can determine the printer destination for messages differently for every shipping point on account of shipping documents.

Loading Point:A loading point is a subdivision of a shipping point.

The loading point can be entered manually in the delivery header

Sriperumbattur is your loading point and Chennai is your shipping point.

Hope this clears your confusion.

regards,

US

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dera Kumar,

Loading point is the inner part of the shipping point.

Sigle Shipping point may have different loading points to load the goods.

Shipping point

An organizational unit in Logistics that performs shipping processing.

The shipping point is the part of the company responsible for the type of shipping, the necessary shipping materials and the means of transport.

Example

Shipping points are a company mail depot or plant rail station.

Loading point

A place in a shipping point where goods are loaded.

In your case you can consider Chennai is the loading point.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for ur input.....so in the scenarios which I have given sriperumpthur is the shipping point and X is the loading point am I ryt?

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Yes exactly You can consider like that.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S Kumar,

I think, its already been explained, by everyone of us, in our respective posts.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kumar,

A loading point is a subdivision of a shipping point.

In your case , Sriperuputhur is the shipping point and in which u have , say ex , 5 loading bays are there , you can define this loading bays against shipping point in sap ,

enterprise structure - definition - logistic execution - define loading point .

The loading point can be entered manually in the delivery header.

Note : without loading point also delivery can be made.

Saravanan