cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run RSA3 on 2LIS_02_ITM gets duplicated data!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run RSA3 on 2LIS_02_ITM gets duplicated data. Pick up one duplicated data (purchasing doc number), run RSA3 again with the data selection as being the duplicated doc number. For the duplicated two records, find that the field 'Indicator: Cancel Data Record' of one record is null, but the other one (duplicated one) has a value 'R'. Goto table EKPO and input the duplicated data record doc number, but only get 1 record.

2LIS_02_ITM data load is related to LO Cookpit setup. We are not sure if our setup is appropriate. The procedure of doing this setup for a refresh load is:

1. Run LBWG to delete the Purchasing setup data

2. Run OLI3BW to fill in the setup data by filling the field 'Name of run' any value and the field 'Termination time' a value of just exceeding 1 minute of our current system time.

The above setup is correct for LO Cookpit load?

Why we get the duplicated records for the datasource 2LIS_02_ITM extraction on R3?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have exactly the same problem....Have you found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

did you map the cancellation indicator to 0recordmode in your transfer rules? If not, do so and reload the data. Additionally you might need to map it to 0storno.

regards

Siggi

PS: the record without cancellation indicator is the created record (before image), the other one is the deletion (after image). When posting to ods recordmode R means reversal record --> all keyfigures will become 0.

Message was edited by: Siegfried Szameitat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

i would like to know one thing. how can you differenciate these 2 PO's. any PO's will store in PO History table. you are suppose to see all the records in PO History. Cancellation of Purchase Order also should create an entry in the EKBE.

Siggi proposed from BW. Still we r in RSA3. Try find out what exactly the difference in PO's.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siggi,

What is exactly the R3 field name for 'Indicator: Cancel Data Record'? I found it through RSA3 for the datasource 2LIS_02_ITM, I input one duplicated purchasing doc number on RSA3 for this datasource, then extract it, find 20 records, 1st 10 records are from item 1 to item 10, 2nd 10 records are also from item 1 to item 10, but the column (the column title is 'C') values are 'R' compared with the 1st 10 records having null value. But from RSA3 display, can't find the corresponding R3 field name. Only know the column title is called 'C', and if pressing F1, only display 'Indicator: Cancel Data Record'. We go to EKPO, but can't find the corresponding field.

Even if we find the R3 field, then how to map the cancellation indicator to 0recordmode in our transfer rules? Also what do you mean by "Additionally you might need to map it to 0storno."?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your answer soon!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

this field does not exist in the r/3 application tables. It only exists in the datasource, that's why you see it there. Your po has been created one time that is each record without the indicator. Then it has been deleted or cancelled, that is each record with indicator 'R'. To get everything correct in BW you need to goto the infosource/datasource assignment and map the field rocancel to 0recordmode and, if there, additionally to 0storno.

If you are loading the data then, the system will take care about the treatment of 0recordmode or 0storno, depending on where you post the data to. In case you post it to a ods, 0recordmode = 'R' will cause all keyfigures to be 0 for the po, if you post to a cube directly then normally the update rules will check 0storno and will reverse the keyfigures so that at the end all keyfigures in the cube will be 0 for that po.

Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siggi,

We did find 0recordmode is mapped with 0STORNO in Transfer Rule and 0STORNO is assigned with ROCANCEL(Indicator: Cancel Data Record). You know 2LIS_02_ITM is a standard datasource that we could not modify it. Then what cause the reason why RSA3 extract the duplicated data? Or you think it's fine to extract the duplicated data and BW can handle it with all Key Figures being 0 or we just leave the duplicated records there on BW?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

that's what I say. Don't care about these 'duplicated' records you see in rsa3. The update rules and/or the logic assigned to 0recordmode (relevant only for posting to ods) will take care about it and you get the same result in BW as you have in the R/3 application.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW will handle that duplicat records. nothing to worry load data into BW. check the entries.

we implemented functionality for duplicate records in BW. IN RSA3,you could see closed PO's and reversed PO's.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siggi,

For a cube, 0STORNO(Reversal indicator) is used further in InfoCube Update Rule to another InfoObj. 0REVERSEDOC(Indicator: Data to Be Canceled). Now our client would like to remove data from BW which were either removed or canceled on R3. How would you guys do this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

if you have that information available in the cube in 0reversedoc, you can use transaction DELETE_FACTS to delete all records of a specified provider by entering the required values in the selection field.

Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Simply there wont be duplicate records in RSA3. there will be some reason behind it.

Go to that particular PO in R/3 i.e in ME23N and look for item level changes. U will find what are all the changes being done.

Either u will have changes r that PO and items wld have been deleted. I am using the same datasource i dont find any issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhuvana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siggi,

You mean to use DELETE_FACTS to delete these purchasing document records from BW which are canceled or deleted in R3?

We ran DELETE_FACTS, but find this one seems to delete the cube, pretty dangerous!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhuvana,

Could you elaborate on how you did it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is fine. Those reversal records will be handled in BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venky,

No, you are wrong. The reason why I posted this problem is that we found the duplicated records on BW first, then we found actually it occurs on RSA3 on R3 side first!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

wht is the difference between the 2 records. check all the data. check in purchase document history table(EKBE) also.

compare the data with DB. what is the difference between these 2 entries.

let's take a look at the purchase documetn history.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh.

Message was edited by: Nagesh Ganisetti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nagesh,

We check the history table you mentioned EKBE and input the duplicated purchasing doc number, but no any table entry for this duplicated doc number.

Thanks