cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP-Different univarate forecasts --> how to obtain forecast error MAD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question regarding 'forecast errors' when a univariate forecast was executed.

The requirement is:

I have a planning book/data view with 5 keyfigures for forecast 1 to 5 and 5 keyfigures for MAD 1 to 5.

-

Forecast1

-

-

MAD1

-

-

Forecast2

-

-

MAD2

-

Forecast_n

MAD_n

The idea is to calculate 5 different forecasts and evaluate them (for example with MAD).

One out of the 5 forecasts will be copied then to another keyfigure ( = "Statistical forecast").

In the 'Interactive Demand Planning' I push the button to execute 'univariate forecast'.

I let forecast create for keyfigure "Forecast1" based on historical data.

--> There I can find a tab "Forecast Errors" which provides me with the MAD-value.

Question:

- Is there a possibility to take the MAD-value out of that "Forecast Errors tab" and put it in the keyfigure MAD1?

When I have then every MAD-value from the respective forecast (1 to 5) in the dataview I can use a macro to manually or automatically choose which one will be copied to "Statistical Forecast".

I hope I was able to explain what the requirement is and hopefully somebody has an idea.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by: Dominik Ritter on Feb 9, 2009 5:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

I haven't done this in my experience but I know how to do it.

Here is how you can try:

Table: /SAPAPO/FCSTHEAD gives you the header data of forecast results. Take PROPID from this table and use table /SAPAPO/FCSTACCU to get the MAD value and populate the value using the BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

thank you very much for your answer!

I will check your solution with a developer (I do not develop).

As I understand I can then use this in an BADI/User exit macro.

Another strange thing is:

When I use SE16 with table /SAPAPO/FCSTACCU and let me list all the content --> I copy PROPID from this table and want to use it explicitly in the selection screen of SE16 to show me the one entry --> it fails because in some way the long key (PROPID) is not recognized.

(Example: IOjC29Eu0JxX0800r00G60)

Thanks and Best Regards

Dominik

Answers (0)