I want to download commodity codes into Intrastat. How can I do that?
I did the following steps.
1) I downloaded the commodity codes from http://www.destatis.de/jetspeed/portal/cms/Sites/destatis/Internet/DE/Content/Klassifikationen/Aussenhandel/Content75/sova__leitdatei,templateId=renderPrint.psml
2) I created from the file a csv and txt file.
3) I selected this file under the menu Administration -> Setup -> Intrastat -> Configuration Tool -> Commodity Code -> Upload Code
4) I got always the error message file is in wrong format.
What is the correct format and how should it look lite. I have to give our customer a step by step guide that that can do that themselves.
Thanks and Regards Chris
Simplest way to find out seems to be:
1) Navigate to Administration -> Setup -> Intrastat -> Configuration Tool -> Commodity Code
2) If no code available yet, enter two or three Codes manually, otherwise jump to step 4)
3) Save them
4) Export into Excel
5) Compare the just exported file with the file you downloaded and adapted
6) Adapt the downloaded file further.
7) Try to upload it again.
thanks for the fast reply.
Unfortunately I do not have an export functionality. The tasbar button Excel does not give me the correct columns format.
Even the xls file or the txt file is wrong.
The txt file was readable now.
If I open the file with Excel and save it under Tab Stop delimited and Text MS-Dos the file is not readable anymore.
Does the extract from the helpfile help you further?
"Commodity codes, based on the CN8/KN8 notation
Select the Supplementary Units. The value for Supplementary Units is brought from code table Additional Measure Units.
The null value is valid in this field."
Please follow this steps:
1) When you are in configuration tool (comodity code tab) you press the button 'EXPORT to EXCEL'
2) You save it any where
(This file is saved as Txt unicode) and contains the existing commodity codes, if any, of this database
3) Select this file and open with excel:
4) Add new records
(very important, you should not leave in any row any column empty)
5) Save the file
6) In Configuration tool, commodity codes, press the button UPLOAD CODE
7) Browse to the file saved in step 5) and select it
You will receive a message telling that X records where updated and Y records failed to update: You should not worry about the Y records , because that referes to the Headers and pre existing records.
Jose Antonio Castillo
SAP Business One Support
i use this settings.
For the Columen "Zusätzliche Maßeinheit" i created a new entry in the "Zusätzliche Maßeinheiten" table called "n/a". This unit i use for every row in this column.
It is important to save the txt File in "UniCode" Format.
Edited by: Florian Böckenholt on Apr 9, 2009 4:13 PM