cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant selection and authorizations

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've made a query for displaying some selected figures for our company's health and safety managers.

The query is displayed with 0DF_FORCE in the rows as a hierachy and in addition to needing a role for displaying the query at all, the users are restricted to "their" part of the hierarchy using an exit variable with lookup in a nav-attribute to 0DF_FORCE. This all works fine, the problem is that I want to use the number of workdays in a given month for sickleave % calculations. I tried making a formula variable exit for this that will return the number of workdays in an variable intervall given at query start. This works, but I'm then not able to drill the query to spesific months, since the formula variable does not respond to calmonth.

Alternativly I tried putting the number of workdays into a DSO and linking to calmonth there. That solves the navigation, but now I have a problem with constant selection. I need the number of workdays for every force element in 0DF_FORCE. Since the DSO does not contain this characteristic, it needs constant selection '#' on 0DF_FORCE within the restricted keyfigure for workdays. And here's the catch, the intended users do not have and cannot have authorization for force element '#'.

I would appriciate any leads on developing my current logic, or a new tack for displaying number of workdays pr month without conflicting with said authorization limitations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

SAP haveth in their glory created 0numwday as an attribute to 0calmonth as of jan '08. That they haven't documented it at all, did that it took some time to discover, but that's bygones. What it means is that I can make a replacement path variable on 0calmonth instead of my keyfigure and avoid the whole issue. Hurrah!