cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO and TR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can someone explain the concept of Transfer Order. Also, how it is different/ or connected to Transfer of Requirement?

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi,

Before going for picking the goods, you need to create a Transfer Order, which contains the list of goods to be picked. This like an instruction, to move the material from Source storage bin to Destination storage bin with in the Warehouse complex.

It contains Material No, Material Quantity, Source and Destination Storage bin.

A transfer order can be created based on a customer delivery, a transfer requirement, or a posting change notice.

This is the term of Warehouse Management (LE-WM) and linked into SD Module, where clients business run through Warehouse.

Related Trasaction:

VL01N

LT03

LT09

VL02N

Also, i have read one such thread, explaining the relation about TOR and TO. Please read:

[TOR and TO|]

Hope, this clarifies your doubt.

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TO---transfer order means simply picking means if yours is warehouse managed then in delivery picking qty cannot be entered manually and after saving delivery thro LT03 t code you have to create transfer order and that will get confirmed then only you can do PGI

Lot of things are there in transfer orders if warehouse is there like creation confirmation etc

TR---means that we maintain this indicator in schedule line category of our sales order item so that our material requirements passes to Material management department so that they can arrange for stocks to meet out our sales orders

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Transfer Order is created to transfer the stock from one storage bin to another storage bin in warehouse related plants.

Transfer of Requirement is a different concept itself which comes in Availability check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In WM you have TR's = transfer requirements. This is something different then the requirements in SD .

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TR = transfer requirement. I.e. we do a goods receipt for purchased materials and this results in a requirement to move the materials into the warehouse / storage bin. TR is saying: we need to putaway 10 pieces into the WHS.

TO = Transfer order. After having a TR, we can transform the requirement into a task: the trasnfer order. The TO says, ok I take the details from the TR and I add the source storage bin and destination storage bin.

You need a TR to create a TO but not vice versa.

MdZ