cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Categorization in Service Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I use multiple levels of categories in a service order, the order read tables stores only the last level that I have chosen. Like, if I choose category 1, category 2 and category 3 in my service order, when I read the order using order_read, I get only category 3 stored in the respective table.

Is there a table in which the concatenated category is stored? I have checked the CRMC_ERMS_CAT* tables. But all of them contain the schemas that I have created. Is there a link between the categories and the order?

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Shwetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shwetha,

I currently have the same problem - having to read all levels of the multi level categorisation chosen for a service request. Have you found a way to resolve this issue? If yes can you please share it?

From my research, I found that there are 2 possible approaches, but I don't have a technical description detailed enough for me to follow for both approaches... any help would be truely appreciated:

- Using UI classes to retrieve the multi level categories

- Using custom code to obtain information from the CRMC_EDMC_CAT* tables with the GUID of the service request.

Cheers,

Jsun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha

Unfortunately not, we had to right custom code to get all of the required values from the CRMC_ERMS_CAT* Tables, we retrieved the GUID for the Service order from a function module, from that we applied our custom code in order to retrieve the category values.

Wish I had better news for you.

Regards

Arden