Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have changed my customer reconciliation account, i have proceeded that way:

1. change reconciliation account in master data from 823000 to 829000

2. t. code obbw : rec 8230/adj 8290 and rec 8290/adj 8320

3. run t. code F101

4.SM35 process batch input

>> I am getting errors: Account 823000 in company code 1000 cannot be directly posted to

Could you please help me on this point? Why do I have this message?

Thanks in advance.

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Two accounts cannot be posted directly.

1. Reconciliation Account - Please check whether it is Reconciliation Account in FS00

2. In FS00 - Tab - Create/bank/interest - if you put check box for "Post automatically only"

In the above two cases, you cannot directly post to that GL account.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, may thanks.

But in this case, how can I transfer my customer balance from the old reconciliation account to the new one? Maybe I am doing something wrong in F101 or OBBW.

Thanks in advance for your help

Catherine

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please run F.5D for your company code.

Please go through the documentation available on the transaction code.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Ravi.

I have dig a little bit more with the F101 process, and I have found that I did a mistake in OBBW. I put a reconciliation account as a adjustement account. I have now changed it to.

1. F101 is now working

2. Th batch input run properly without errors

--> Now, how can I see if the customer line items posted to the old rec acct, have moved properly to the new rec acct?

I have checked FBL5N, and my line items are still posted to my old rec acct.

Thanks for youe help.

Catherine

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run F.5D transaction and see.

When you run F.5D, items posted on old recon account will be adjusted new recon. account.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have run the t. code F.5D. and I got the following message : Company code XXXX : Breakdown calculated for 0003 documents

After this, I have checked my new rec acct balance, there is nothing. and also, my line items are still posted to my old rec acct.

I don't know what to do now...

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you run F101, it generates as a batch. Are you able to post the batch in SM35 successfully?

Those postings initiated from SM35 should be able to post from old recon. account to new recon. account.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the batch in SM35 was processed without errors. But then I would like to check in reports if the adjustements have done.

Which report could show me if the customers items are now posted on the new rec accounts?

I might not use the right reports. I currently use FBL5N to see customer line items and a GL balance report to see if there is any balance on the new rec acct.

Thank you very much in advance!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see FS10N balance for reconciliation accounts.

However, you may not be having line item report from FS10N for reconciliation accounts. Only you can observe the balances.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK . It is bizarre I have no balance, nothing, in my New rec acct when I do FS10N.

Something is wrong in what I am doing.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you have posted through SM35, it should have posted and updated the totals on your new reconciliation account.

I would suggest you can re-look your config. on OBBW.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OBBW, I have entered

1. 40000 old reconciliation account - 89001 adjustement account

2. 40001 new reconciliation account - 89001adjustment account

It is good?

many thanks in advance for your help

Catherine

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Reconciliation Account - You please put all the old recon accounts. (Remove New reconciliation account line configured here)

In Adjustment Account - Account to which the adjustment to be posted.

Because you put old as well as new reconciliation accounts in reconciliation account column - it is nullifying the effect of entries being posted.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this test already, and I always get the following message: "Account determination for transaction A00 is missing for account 00040001".

That means I need to determine my new reconciliation account in OBBW also.. No?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest your post SM35 in FOREGROUND but not in background. Atleast, you will know what entries the system is posting. This will give you a guide to check your entries being posted by the system.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rave,

I have processed my batch in Foreground. And it is bizarre all my postings are done on the adjustement account. Debit and Credit.

Is it normal?

Sorry to bother you again.

Catherine

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go through the following documentation for better understanding on this issue:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/96/8b335343ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

I would recommend you to go through the same issue posted on the forum on Nov 15, 2007.

You may please search the forum with "Running SAPF101 after changing reconciliation accounts"

Please let me know if the problem still persists.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This program performs any adjustment postings required due to changes to the reconciliation accounts or G/L accounts. The items from the old reconciliation accounts are assigned to the new accounts. Since you cannot post to the reconciliation accounts directly, the postings are made to temporary adjustment accounts (see the following figure,(3)). These adjustment accounts should be displayed in the balance sheet with the relevant reconciliation account. The postings are then reversed after the financial statements have been created (see the following figure, (4)).

Refer the picture in my previous reply

EXPLANATION

=============

The Understanding is as follows:

For example you have one line item in your Customer with old reconciliation account. 1000 GBP

One item with new reconciliation account with 2000 GBP.

New reconciliation will not have any problem, as these must have been posted to new reconciliation account.

When it comes to old reconciliation account, you cannot make direct posting to a new reconciliation account, we have created an adjustment account for old reconciliation account.

The postings are made to temporary adjustment accounts and once you have presented financial statements, you will reverse the entries.

In that case, base on the documentation link I have provided, the entries being posted by you are correct.

Please let me know if you need further clarifications.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)