SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Oil: Quantity Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Need your help.

My user maintained quantity conversion in the material master (MM02) as

below:-

1 MT = 1,026 L30

Then he created sales order and delivery order. But in the delivery

order, the quantity conversion not as expected. In delivery order, the

conversion shows that 1 MT = 1,026 L30 but for 26.316 MT, the system

converted the quantity to 27,321.187 L30 (1 MT = 1,038 L30) which is

wrong. How to correct the calculation?.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I am a still confused on this conversion interface,

I have set up hpm and want to configure the QCI, Is it possible to use standard SAP Delivered QCI Parameters to configure the HPM system, if yes, please how do i go about it.

I have tried running the standard conversion groups with the test calculator but i just get warnings and i have been unable to go past that and see the various quantities.

"density type  is initial warning" is the error i get for custom copy of the conversion group i did

Please Help

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahman,

you can do the correction by calculating in Desktop calculator, by mentioning the QCI Defaults

Quantity @ L15,

Test Temperature :

Test density :

Txn code: O3C1.

you can set for the Gas or pertrochemical products. the quantity in Oil Desktop calculator.

path: HPM>Pertrolieum measurement standards>Quantity Conversion functions --.> Use -->Oil Desktop calculator.

then test the same.

Thanks

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have checked in the system and O3DEFAULTS had been maintained as below:-

Product Temperature: 30.00 CEL

Observed Density: 974.7 KGV

Observed Temperature: 15.00 CEL

But don't know how the system calculate the conversion.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Material Master conversion values (MARM) have got nothing to do with the IS-OIL qci. MARM values are being used BEFORE a movement happens (contract/order). At time of movement and after a movement the qci-defaults values along with the transactional data (transaction temperature and density) is being used to convert.

To help you with your problem you need to provide more data like conversion group, temperature, qci-defaults etc.

Cheers ML

0 Kudos

Hi ML,

O3DEFAULTS in our system had been maintained as below:-

Product Temperature: 30.00 CEL

Observed Density: 974.7 KGV

Observed Temperature: 15.00 CEL

I want to know how the system calculate the conversion and how to correct it to 1MT = 1,026L?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the conversion with the transaction o3qcitest. there you will find the correct conversion with all other parameters. The conversion is depend upon test temp, density. Please check.

Regards

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

So inorder to get 1 MT = 1,026 L30, we have to change the observed density. The current observed density is 974.7KGV. So if I want to change it, the calculation is based on what formula? It's based on try and error?

Appreciate if you can help me.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your QCI dialogue box if the air buoyancy indicator is flagged. This indicator has something to do with the conversion between mass and volume.

Hope this helps,

zccr

0 Kudos

Hi zzr,

I have checked the air buoyancy indicator and it was flagged. How can I know the mass and volume for the material?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check if you have done O3defaults if it is done then you also have to look for

O3QCITEST...if this is done..it will solve your purpose.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Rohit

markus_seng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Norhayati,

if I understand your initial question correctly, you want to understand how the dynamic quantity conversion is working in your system, which means for example how the system calculates a mass or weight if a volume at a specified observed temperature is entered, where you give your example in MT and L30.

The answer is not that simple. The SAP QCI is basically an open interface, where you configure in your project the quantity conversion, and where you integrate expert software from SAP partner companies for bulk quantity calculations.

This should always be done following a defined project methodology.

There are many calculation models defined globally.

The SAP QCI does not follow a specific model, and, if not configured at all but just used "as delivered" follows basically a modified DIN 51650 calculation model, without the rounding of quantity values specified in that standard. You can purchase standard document DIN 51650 at http://www.beuth.de .

DIN 51650 u201CTesting of mineral oils and related products u2013 determination of quantityu201D - DIN stands for "Deutsches Institut für Normung", which is the German Institute for Standarization.

QuantityWare, which is a company that develops SAP certified oil & gas conversion products, supports many possible conversion models, which are described here:

http://www.quantityware.com/_data/QuantityWare_MQCI_SP11.pdf

This document also describes the main steps for the dynamic quantity conversion of oil products.

In your case, it is first important to know whether MT stands for mass or weight, and which volume correction standard your system is configured to use, which includes also the version of that standard.

The standard SAP QCI again does only support - via the air buoyancy indicator concept - the DIN 51757 weight correction formula. Standard ASTM D1250-80 on the other hand defines several "tables" how to convert a density (in vaccum) to a density in air, which is then utilized to calculate weights. This standard part is currently being revised by the API/ASTM.

Thus in any project, it is important to define the relevant standards for Volume corrections (temperature and pressure dependant) as well as the weight and mass conversion standards. Rounding of UoM quantities is also important.

I hope this helps a little for a start,

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I am a still confused on this conversion interface,

I have set up hpm and want to configure the QCI, Is it possible to use standard SAP Delivered QCI Parameters to configure the HPM system, if yes, please how do i go about it.

I have tried running the standard conversion groups with the test calculator but i just get warnings and i have been unable to go past that and see the various quantities.

"density type  is initial warning" is the error i get for custom copy of the conversion group i did

Please Help

0 Kudos

Dear Nwankwo,

Could you please check the notes:

103003 - API & AGA C-Code Routines: Availability, Parameter Ranges

619060    QCI: New RFC server installation guide

619057    QCI: External function calls using the CALL SYSTEM command

308022    FAQ: QCI  - Quantity Conversion Interface

Regards,

Naresh Jangam

SAP IS-OIl Consultant

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

In regard to QCI, currently we have two files in our directory agasap and astm.

I believe these files uses the standard of 1980.

Our client is stil using the tables of year 1959 to derive at volume correction factor or reducing factor.

please if you can help me how to write a badi or do customization to write the 1959 astm tables directory or any other way.

your input will be highly appreciated.

best regards,

samad farooq