Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new Search Help on a standard SAP table field?

former_member210148
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day, everyone!

As part of a report I am writing, the customer would like to have Search Help added to the AUFEX field in table AUFK. They would like this functionality so that when they are changing an order via t-code ko02, they can get a list of valid values to put in field AUFEX. I would like to tie it to a zTable I've created; in my zTable, I have just 2 fields: a key value (that will go into AUFEX) and a text description of the key value. This zTable is used in my report.

While I've created a Search Help on this table already for table maintenance, I've never added a custom Search Help to an existing standard SAP table field before. I've done some Googling and other searching to see what I need to know, but I've only been able to find information on Collective Search Helps. AUFEX doesn't yet have a Search Help field, so I don't think Collective Search Helps is my answer.

Is this possible? Can I add a custom Search Help to a standard SAP table field that doesn't have any Search Help linked to it yet? Is there an existing thread or guide somewhere that can tell me how to do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can add search help to the standard field, but with an access key.... bcoz you are changing the SAP standard field..

I have an another alternative as well... if you can look at the domain say MATNR.. on the value ranges tab you can see a value table on the bottom... you can use a similar thing where value table will be your ztable and any value entered will be checked in this table.. if we find an entry it proceeds else.. raises and error message..

4 REPLIES 4

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can add search help to the standard field, but with an access key.... bcoz you are changing the SAP standard field..

I have an another alternative as well... if you can look at the domain say MATNR.. on the value ranges tab you can see a value table on the bottom... you can use a similar thing where value table will be your ztable and any value entered will be checked in this table.. if we find an entry it proceeds else.. raises and error message..

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes u can: u can assign the search help to (A) data element livel or (B) field table livel.

After creating your search help:

A) Run SE11, insert your data element (AUFEX), press edit and insert the search help in "Search Help" area on DEFINATION tab;

B) Run SE11, insert your table (AUFK), press edit, place the cursor on your field (AUFEX) and go to GoTo->Search help->for field

But u should consider it'll mean to change a standard object for both cases: so u need to get the access key from your OSS.

Max

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of adding the search help for field AUFEX in the DDIC level, why don't you add the search help in screen SAPMKAUF in screen 0315 and double click on the field COAS-AUFEX and add the custom search help there.

This will only affect your transaction Ko02

PS : You need to have access key needed for this change