cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new test company but got an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I created new test company with 12 periods then stopped the License Manager. I went to SQL server finish the backup for real company database without any error then I tried to "restore" new test company database from real company database and went to Option to choose "overwrite the existing database" but error pop-up.

Detail error said " Restore failed for Server "xxxSqlServer.smo";

Additional information:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError:Exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use.

(Micorsoft.Sqlserver.smo)

I did not open SAP at all. for 2007A version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I saw there has 2 "open transaction" even I stopped the License Manager 2007 and did not BACKUP from Real company to Test company or RESTORE from Real company to overwrite the existing database.

I did right-click and chose "Kill Process" but got another error saying "Can't use KILL to kill your own process" Microsoft SQL Server, error: 6104".

Edited by: Lily Chien on Feb 19, 2009 4:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to stop process from the client not the server. You could find which PC connected to that database through active process viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I did "restart" the SQL server.

2. In real company database chose BACKUP task.

3. In test company database, chose RESTORE task from the real company database but saved as test company's mdf and log files.

4. From RESTOR "option" I checked the "overwrite the existing database".

This time everything went through w/o error. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

You need to go to SQL Management Studio to view active process. Check this thread if you don't know how to access it:

Thanks,

Gordon