cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report is not displaying all records retrieved from oracle query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle query is written back end of the report to display records.

the oracle query returns all the records.

But report doesnu2019t show the records retrieved from oracle query.

Same report is working fine for sql.

I don't understand why it is behaving like this?

Any one help me....

thanks in advance for your help.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case anyone is trying to solve a problem with a Crystal Report not displaying all data:  I have a report that is querying a major ERP system.  The report has to do with labor on our work orders.  Items that were entered within the past day were not showing up.  I looked at my parameter fields, everything...

Then I did a Google search and found this MSDN entry:  My report is not showing all records

That got me to thinking about the types of joins in the Database Expert.  I really just goofed around with them, tried this and that...and, lo!...when I changed the link between the table that holds the labor log-ins and the table that is the work order master to RIGHT OUTER JOIN, that fixed it!

Don't ask me why this works--how the joins work I don't have fully memorized yet.  But, it worked!  I had prayed, I give God the glory.  Hope this helps someone with a mysterious data retrieval problem like I had.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Are you using any joins in your query ? If so,what is the join type you are using ?

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

iam using three left outer joins in query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bathina,

Can you copy and paste your "Show SQL Query..." from the database tab?

Regards,

Zack H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

select a.worker_id, a.name, f.process_id,f.process_name,c.name,e.name,

d.skill_level_modified_date

from a

left outer join b on a.worker_id = b.worker_id

join c on b.skill_level = c.levelno

left outer join d on a.worker_id =d.worker_id and b.process_id =d.process_id

join e on d.skill_level = e.levelno

left outer join f on b.process_id = f.process_id and d.process_id = d.process_id

left outer join g on a.worker_id = g.worker_id

left outer join pi_group h on g.group_id = h.group_id

where rownum <= :rowscount

and (a.worker_id = coalesce(HEXTORAW(:resource_id), worker.worker_id)

and a.category_id = coalesce(HEXTORAW(:category_id), worker.category_id)

and g.group_id = coalesce(HEXTORAW(:group_id), g.group_id))

or (g.group_id = h.group_id and h.category_id = coalesce(HEXTORAW (:category_id), h.category_id)

and a.worker_id = g.worker_id and h.group_id= coalesce(HEXTORAW(:group_id),h.group_id) and a.worker_id = coalesce(HEXTORAW(:resource_id), a.worker_id))

group by a.worker_id, a.name, f.process_id, f.process_name, c.name, a.name, d.skill_level_modified_date

0 Kudos

Create a new report and copy your query into a Command Object and see what happens.

Also, check on the options for database grouping in the Report options to see if that resolves the issue.

Try using all of the drivers, Native Oracle Server, ODBC and OLE DB. May be an issue in one of those driver.

Install the latest patches also, may be a known issue and it's been fixed.