cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Caller 70" is missing when loading delta to DSO

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Colud you please help me on the below issue. It might be a simpleI, but iam not sure where i am missing it.

I am trying to load delta to DSO, which is failing with error message "Caller 70" is missing.

This has only one datapacket. The request got failed after running for 3 hrs. When I checked in details tab of monitor, i can see that the data received till PSA. (It contains only one data packet)

*Note:I have deleated the red request from the DSO and performed manual update from the PSA, but still the same error.

I tried requesting data from source again, still the same error has happened.

I also tried activation the DSO, Transfer Structure and Update Rules through the standard SAP program and tried loading it from PSA and also from source, still I get the same error.

Please suggest me on this how to get the data.

I saw the postings in forum but it says the same (manual update and updating it from source) but this doesn't worked for me.

Appreciate your precious time on this.

Regards,

Saravanan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caller 70 is missing.

Why does the error occur?

u2022 This error normally occurs whenever BW encounters error and is not able to classify them. There could be multiple reasons for the same

o Whenever we are loading the Master Data for the first time, it creates SIDu2019s. If system is unable to create SIDu2019s for the records in the Data packet, we can get this error message.

o If the Indexes of the cube are not deleted, then it may happen that the system may give the caller 70 error.

o Whenever we are trying to load the Transactional data which has master data as one of the Characteristics and the value does not exist in Master Data table we get this error. System can have difficultly in creating SIDu2019s for the Master Data and also load the transactional data.

o If ODS activation is taking place and at the same time there is another ODS activation running parallel then in that case it may happen that the system may classify the error as caller 70. As there were no processes free for that ODS Activation.

o It also occurs whenever there is a Read/Write occurring in the Active Data Table of ODS. For example if activation is happening for an ODS and at the same time the data loading is also taking place to the same ODS, then system may classify the error as caller 70.

o It is a system error which can be seen under the u201CStatusu201D tab in the Job over View.

What happens when this error occur?

u2022 The exact error message is u201CSystem response "Caller 70" is missingu201D.

u2022 It may happen that it may also log a short dump in the system. It can be checked at "Environment -> Short dump -> In the Data Warehouse".

What can be the possible actions to be carried out?

u2022 If the Master Data is getting loaded for the first time then in that case we can reduce the Data Package size and load the Info Package. Processing sometimes is based on the size of Data Package. Hence we can reduce the data package size and then reload the data again. We can also try to split the data load into different data loads

u2022 If the error occurs in the cube load then we can try to delete the indexes of the cube and then reload the data again.

u2022 If we are trying to load the Transactional and Master Data together and this error occurs then we can reduce the size of the Data Package and try reloading, as system may be finding it difficult to create SIDu2019s and load data at the same time. Or we can load the Master Data first and then load Transactional Data

u2022 If the error is happening while ODS activation cause of no processes free, or available for processing the ODS activation, then we can define processes in the T Code RSCUSTA2.

u2022 If error is occurring due to Read/Write in ODS then we need to make changes in the schedule time of the data loading.

u2022 Once we are sure that the data has not been extracted completely, we can then go ahead and delete the red request from the manage tab in the InfoProvider. Re-trigger the InfoPackage again.

u2022 Monitor the load for successful completion, and complete the further loads if any in the Process Chain.

Regards,

deva reddy TR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced this same error and resolved by go to the process monitor and do a manual update .

It resolved the issue .

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caller $$ is generally related to Idoc error. Please check in SM58/59 for any unprocessed Idocs. If there are few, process them manually.(F6).

Its better to reduce the data package size and then run the load. In betwwen, keep monitoring SM58/59 for idocs. Also keep an eye on SM37 and ST22 for any errors.

Thanks...

Shambhu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated the DSO a tried loading but no use. There are no IDOC left out in SM58/59 and we are dropping the index before loading the data to DSO.

Not sure what went wrong with this DSO. This DSO got refreshed recently on last monday and that time there were no issues in the load.

Reduce datapacket size - do you mean the global setting (SBIW) or local setting (Infopackage)?

Regards,

Saravanan.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Last week we had patch upgrade from 16 to 19. Before patch upgrade the data load to this DSO was going fine. Will there be any issues with patch upgrade.

Note: Other loads in production are running smoothly.

In my earlier reply, I have mentioned that the last load is on last monday, but my last load to DSO is on last friday that is before patch upgrade.

Regards,

Saravanan.

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete Index and re-load, if the data is huge load it upto PSA and load further ( to data target). Check the Master data load correcly ( with changes )

Regards,

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is common error after you upgrade it to BI. In this case you need remove all the red requests from the DSO/Cube. Try to reactivate all the DSO/Cube, you can make use this programs

RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE for Cubes

RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE for DSOs

Hope it helps

bhaskar