cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg serial number generation at the time of GR-(MB31)

former_member1355332
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

can we create a customized serial number at the time of goods receipt (MB31)like ex: S0900001 where in S stands for plant number , 09 stands for the year and 00001 is running serial number

please give the required steps to get the customized number for product identification.

Thanks in advance

venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

I was facing same problem but could not get any answer.

but i will share my one experience, i manually entered serial number for my first production order,

thereafter system automatically proposed serial number in my format.

this is foolish idea on my side, but you can try.

regards

anish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu

with ref to your query i want to share few points with you

1. the option is you may define your own serial number profile in spro go to plant maintenace and select for serial number profile and there you may define your own sl.no proifle with number of options like

1.you want to assign your own defined sl.no(with alphanumeric ) at the time of GI AS well as at the time of GR it depends on your option

once you define your own sl.no profile you maydefine in WORK SCHEDULING VIEW IN MATERIAL master as well

but at the time of GR you may define your own sl.no with any alphaneumeric value and assign to it

i hope this will give you an view

if this answer is helpful award with little points

thanks

shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

You want to generate Alphanumeric Serial Number that is possible by following Enhancement for Serial Numbers:

Pls find here some details about generating alphanumeric serial numbers as below :

You can generate alphanumeric serial number with the following BADI / Customer Exit:

Name of Enhancement : IQSM0001

Name of Function Module Exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

Name of Include : ZXQSMU01

ZXQSMU01:

This user exit can be used to create the serial numbers automatically for material of a production order. Number of serial numbers generated will be equal to the total number of quantity. The purpose behind development of this user exit was to attach prefix in each serial number generated.

so as per your requirement you can generate serial number like ABC0001 etc.

Process Steps:

For exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

1. Get serial number profile for a material in respective plant.

2. Check if the profile is u2018XYZu2019.

3. If profile is u2018XYZu2019 generate the serial numbers for the given quantity of material in production order.

General Program Structure

For exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

1. Get the serial number profile using function module 'MARC_SINGLE_READ' for a material.

2. Check if the profile is u2018XYZu2019.

3. If the serial number profile is u2018XYZu2019 then generate the serial numbers for the given production order quantity of a material.

4. Concatenate ABC as a prefix to the all generated serial numbers

Provide above details reg. implementation BADI / Enhancement to your ABAPer and go ahead.

You can implement above Enhancement in CMOD.

Hope this helps.

Revert in case of any doubt.

Award points if useful.

Regards,

Tejas