cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working now as SAP PI/XI developer from past 5 years with the knowledge of BW and ABAP. I have Chemical Engineering back ground and worked in the industry for 3 years and done my Masters in Environmental systems Engineering.

Now i am planning to move slowly towards function side of SAP and found SAP EHS as the most intresting one. Can anybody guide me regarding the future of this module and what to learn exactly when i start training on this.

any suggestions, hints or links to any basic material would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Raj,

There is a great deal of technical work required during any SAP-EHS implementation. As you already have a background in environmental engineering, I don't imagine you would have much trouble learning the concepts of SAP-EHS.

I have been on an SAP-EHS implementation project that employed 3-4 technical consultants at various times, and I am part of an SAP-EHS group that has at least two full-time technical consulatants, and requires more depending on the nature of the work.

Hope this helps.

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I appreciate your reponse. During the implementation of EHS what type of techincal expertise is required.

like XI, MDM, BI, ABAP ? any inputs ?

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

SAP EHS has 5 major sub module Industrial Hygiene and safety (IHS), Occupational Health (OH), Waste Management (WM), Dangerous Goods Management (DG) & Product safety (PS). Every sub-module used Specification management mandatorily.

IH & OH are well integrated with SAP HR, also some of the functionality are integrated with SAP PM, SAP MM & SAP PP but detailed knowledge is not required in all these SAP Module.

Waste Management is well integrated with SAP MM, In my point of view prior exposure to SAP MM will help to understand the Waste Management under.

DG & Product safety is well connected with SAP SD, Prior exposure to SAP SD will definitely help to understand the DG & Product safety.

Apart from these major five there is Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) which is now integral part of Newly launched SAP REACH 1.1 for REACH Compliance solution.

Thanks,

Nitin Pandey

SAP EHS

Edited by: Nitin Pandey on Apr 15, 2009 4:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

just wanted to add that the besides the mentioned modules, there are further ones:

EPM Environmental Performance Management

XEM Emissions Management

Also one should mention Compliance for Products (CFP), which is based on PS/DG, Hazardous Substance Management (HSM), which combines PS/DG and IHS, and Recipe Management (RM),

which is a solution based on PP-PI and PS.

Furthermore, there are Visual Composer views/ EHS Analytic modules on different topics of SAP EHS.

With the new direction of SAP towards sustainability, all SAP EHS applicationsd as well as the new

SPM (Sustainability Performance Management, partély based on BOBJ)

will come under the umbrella of the new SAP EHS Management

http://www.sap.com/about/newsroom/news-releases/press.epx?pressid=10988

Regarding the specification database:

OHS and Waste Management do not need specifications mandatorily. Waste Codes can be left out

and wastes are basically materials in the system.

best regards

Markus Noertemann

Senior SAP EHS Consultant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

akash_agrawal5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It seems you have worked almost in all technical modules of SAP. I would have continued in technical modules if it was the case. However, with Chemical and Environmental degrees backgroud you are game for EH&S. It suits the most. I would sugest you to read SAP Help first and try learning Basic Data and tools. You could move to other modules of EHS once you understand the former one.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ehs27b/helpdata/en/A5/3ADD4643BE11D188FE0000E8322F96/frameset.htm

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

SAP - EHS is good for chemical engineers, qaultiy of work to work on EHS will be added advantage, with support of industrial knowledge. I think u need to updated with local and international regulations that are in practice for chemicals & wastes, specifically for the dangerous goods - source of generation, mode of transportation, end application like disposal/ recycling etc. The PDF's on DGM & Product safety are very usefull.

with best wishes,

mahesh