cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images in Marketing E Mail Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What is the Best Practice for Using the Images in the Mail Forms.

Should we store the Images in Local Desktop or on a Web Server.

Currently My Images in the mail form have an Expiration tag along with them.How can it be removed.

Thanks in advance,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Images should be on your server and not on ur local machine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can add some HTML that will force a download.  See how in this instructional document.

This is much simpler than dealing with classes, function modules, or other technical coding.

former_member202281
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Re question 1:

It depends on how you want to have the pictures embedded into your mail form.

If you use the "Insert Picture"-button in the editor, you can upload the images from your local desctop. Doing that, they will be uploaded to content management and later on during campaign execution, the binary's are included in the generated e-mails. A disadvantage could be that such e-mails can become quite large.

Alternatively you could include images via image-URLs to a WebServer where those pictures are stored. This way, the e-mails won't have the images included directly but just the URL to such images at the WebServer. This might be the more performant way and you won't have that big sized e-mails.

Re question 2:

Yes, the content management URLs, which are used to show the images in the editor have an expiration tag. But this is something you can ignore, as these are just temporary URLs to the content management, which are refreshed everytime you open the mail form again on the UI. The database tables do not contain such URLs anyway, but just content management keys instead. That's why it is not needed to remove such keys.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Manuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

However in case of the Expiration what i understand from your comments is that the Images should open up the next day.

However the Content management URLs remain the same in my case.

The Expiration date still points to the 2008 date on which the form was created.

Is there some configuration on this.

Regards,

Arun

Edited by: Arun thakur TCS 67 on Mar 17, 2009 11:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create a mail form with images uploaded from our local desktop. The images expire next day, they disappear from the mail form because the expiration time is overdue.

One day after executing the marketing campaign (with the mail form) the mails sent to the customers have no images.

We would like to know if it is posible to make any cofiguration so images do not expire in mail forms.

Thanks,

Cinta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately, there has been an issue related to the expiration of image URLs. Please implement SAP note 1297329 and try it again with a new mail form. This should solve your issue.

Best regards,

Frank

Edited by: Frank Wittig on Oct 7, 2009 8:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using CRM 2007.

I am trying to insert images from my desktop into e-mail form but they are not getting to the form.

When i try to do it, sometimes it get loaded as corrupted images and stay with that red X on it and sometimes i get the message that the image maybe not be safe and has been eliminated. The error i get depends of format picture was saved.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Rafael Morcelli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm currently facing the same issues like Rafael. (We are also using CRM 2007)

Maybe we can share our "knowledge" to get rid of the issues?! Or you can just help me

Issues:

1) Insert pictures and after one day they are gone (in Outlook).

2) If I paste sourcecode from MS Word -> the Mailform looses all data because "content may contain non-secure active code". (This sounds like your Problem - Rafael)

For 1: <- Maybe you have some hints for me?!

- I implemented SAP Note 1297329 like described above. (No results) and afterwards I wrote a OSS Message to SAP.

(No answer until now)

For 2:

- I found a solution. Note: 1291253 Copying text from MS-Word to BTF Editor... (The Copy&Paste has some problems)

Thank you and Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Did you find any solution for this link?? kindly update for others benefits....

Cheers,

Peter J.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Apply note: 1100761.

Go to transaction: OACT

Maintain the repository for category CRMFILESYS as CRMFILESYSTEM.

Best Regards,

Sathish R

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem, we tried to embed the image, with the editor button, in the mail form, but the file doesn't get uploaded to the server.

We found a bug in method CL_CRM_IM_PICTURE->FIND_FILE_NAME( ) which should return the file name of the image without directory path.

To correct this behavior we enhanced the method and used code from CRM 7.0 version of the method, now images upload to the server and are embedded in the mail form. No note was found for this correction.

ENHANCEMENT :

ENHANCEMENT 1 ZCL_CRM_IM_PICTURE. "active version

• Correction on filename takken from CRM 7.0

CONSTANTS:

lc_slash TYPE c VALUE '/',

lc_backslash TYPE c VALUE '\'. "#EC NOTEXT

DATA:

lv_length TYPE i,

lv_index TYPE i,

lv_offset TYPE i.

CHECK iv_path IS NOT INITIAL.

lv_length = STRLEN( iv_path ).

lv_index = lv_length - 1.

DO lv_length TIMES.

IF iv_path+lv_index(1) = lc_slash OR

iv_path+lv_index(1) = lc_backslash.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

lv_index = lv_index - 1.

ENDDO.

IF lv_index >= 0.

lv_index = lv_index + 1.

lv_offset = lv_length - lv_index.

ev_name = iv_path+lv_index(lv_offset).

ENDIF.

RETURN.

ENDENHANCEMENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had a similar problem here.

We raised an OSS message for this.

The solution is related to the content server external alias:

Goto transaction : SICF

Hierarchy type: SERVICE

Press F8 and click on "External aliases" button and expand default_host

and create a new External aliases with "/sap/bc/contentserver" using

"default_host" and maintain a user and save its password.

Also set the Procedure as "Standard" or "Required with logon data".

Hope it helps.

Regards

dimian

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

You can add some HTML that will force a download.  See how in this instructional document.

HTML Images for Outbound E-mails.

This is much simpler than dealing with classes, function modules, or other technical coding.