cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing a acute problem. I'm using CR8.5. The report is getting export to PDF in development environment but failed to do same when deployed on client machine. I've checked all the necessary DLLs and supporting files and nothing seems to be missing. Anu clues ... ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

With CR 8.5 you have to build your own distribution package. PDF export requires some additional support DLLs for page range export. You have to make sure those are distributed along with the actual PDF export DLL. The additional DLLs for page range export are exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll. Have you deployed these DLLs with your application?

You can download the [Modules utility|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip] from the SAP Business Objects website for assistance in troubleshooting DLL usage. There's a readme in the ZIP file. Run modules on the working machine, and the non working machine, compare the results, and address any differences.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problems but only on workstations running SP3.

I was wondering, where those additional files need to be put?

In the windows/system32 or the windows/crystal directory?

Thank you,

Dieter

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends. Are you using the same version of Crystal Reports?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Yes, I'm also using 8.5 in some cases and more and more clients complain that the PDF export is no longer working. It's all there but when you try to export as PDF simply nothing happens.

2) I have tried to store the discussed dll's in Crystal and System32 but it made no difference

3) Is there anything else that needs to be done?

4) Any help is appreciated

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, CR 8.5 being out of support for quite some time, the memory is a bit cloudy. But I would look at downloading the latest service packs and or fix packs for CR 8.5. Apply those to your development computer, then create a new deployment package and redeploy the app with the new dlls. SPs, etc., can be downloaded from here;

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always kept the Runtime up2date and it does include all the patches that have been made available.

What about the hint Daniel Kelleher gave in this thread?

Those file have not been part of our CR85 Runtime package but unfortunately just copying them does also not solve our problem.

Are there any other files that might be needed in more recent versions of Windows? DI they need to be installed/registered?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

more recent versions of Windows?

- what OS are you trying to run this under?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly Windows XP SP3!

Is there an official documentation on the files needed to be include in the CR85 Runtime?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum rules doesn't allow messages with mail address. However if possible you can view the same in in my business card. Please send it on that id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

on the way...

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please email these two files to me as well.

I can't seem to locate them via the BO/SAP download site. Do you happen to remember how you got them?

Thanks!

- Ido

Former Member
0 Kudos

I "found" them in my installation folder after having installed CR85 and then all the patches.

Could send them as well but have no address.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the email address in my profile. If sending via email is not trivial, can you post the patch identification (service pack? hot fix? date/number?).

I tried to search for via the download filters and couldn't find anything new.

Thanks!

Ido

Former Member
0 Kudos

done!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running into the same problem as everyone else, "Installed XP-SP3, now getting zero length file when exporting to PDF" and corrupt XLS files. I have a legacy application from a vendor that uses the embeded Crystal 8.0 runtime engine.

I have the following DLL's currently installed and registered:

ExportModeller.dll (1.0.0.18)

TSLV.dll (1.0.0.2)

u2fpdf.dll (8.0.100.13)

What newer files are required to get these features working again.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case (using CR 8.5 with the latest patches) the use of the following dll's solved the problem:

crtslv.dll: Vresion 8.6.1.726

ExportModeller.dll Version 8.6.2.440

the PDF Export is working again

Cheers,

Dieter

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the dll versions that Dieter specifies are from version 8.5. You are using CR 8.0 and there are no updates for CR 8. After all, CR 8 is what, close to 10 years out of support? Your only option is to upgrade to CR XI release 2 - the last version of CR to ship the RDC. E.g.; the RDC was retired in the currently shipping CR 2008. See [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11624] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; blog for more details.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also get the same probem, i converted the old crystal reports from version 8.5 to version XI, then i found my old asp export function does not work any more, it exported the file with zero length when exporting to PDF, what dll i need to register? and where i can get it? thanks for your reply

Edited by: wendyng on Apr 30, 2009 11:29 AM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Latest service Pack for CR XI release 1 (11.0) is [here|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006008952008E/crXIwin_sp4.zip]

Latest service Pack for CR XI release 2 (11.5) is [here|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100013876392008E/crxir2win_sp5.exe]

I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue, but see what the behavior is like after the SP ia applied.

Ludek

BTW., downloads are here:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

Notes can be searched here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_ossnotes&query=&adv=true

Articles can be searched here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ludek, the export function is workable at winXP but when i copy it to window server 2003, it does not work. At the window server 2003, I have installed the Crystal Report XI developer edition, also grant the write permission for the export folder ( for account network service and users),

Any suggestion and comment will be very thankful.

Edited by: wendyng on May 5, 2009 10:59 AM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having the SP is a good start. We'll also have to ensure that the SP runtime is installed on the server. The links to the latest merge modules are documented [here|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsReportDesignerComponentRuntimeDistribution-Versionspre8.0.xto12.0]. Build a new deployment project with the correct merge modules and see if that helps.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

After apply the SP (service Pack for CR XI release 1 (11.0)), same problem happen! the pdf file was created but with 0 kb file size! At my WinXP, even without apply SP, file can be exported.

when i try to open the pdf file, it shows the file is already open or in use by another application.

when i try to run the asp file (with funtion to export rpt to pdf) again, it shows "Error Occurred Reading Records: The file is in use by another application."

thanks for your help in advance

Edited by: wendyng on May 6, 2009 10:26 AM

0 Kudos

Hello,

This thread started off with CR 8.5 and is now in 11.x. Can you start a new one for XI? Makes it easier to keep issue separate by version.

I believe the issue is still permissions. All of our export dll's first attempt to write the file to the temp folder to see if we have permissions, then we tell the OS to delete it and if successful we then begin exporting with data. If it can't be deleted we don't have sufficient read/write permissions. It may be we dont' have access to all of our export dependencies or the account your app is running under does not have full permissions to the temp folder.

Thank you

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If as Don and others here suspect it is permissions, I'd recommend using Process Monitor to see where the permissions need to be granted. ProcMon can be downloaded from here;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Filter it for your process before running it as ProcMon tends to make large logs. Once you have a log, go through is looking for Access Denied messages on files, folders and reg entries.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Don, where i can find the temp folder?

(Please note that indeed the pdf file (0kb) was created in my preset export folder, but with zero length.)

and what account permission i should set for my web application ( classic asp, not asp.net)?

For the web application folder and the pdf export folder, Read, Write and Modify permission has been set for the following accounts:

myServer\Administrators

myServer\ASPNET

myserver\IUSR_myserver

myServer\IWAN_myserver

Network Service

System

myServer\Users

any else account i need to set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your download link, but how to set the filter? what process name i should set for it?

By the way, where i can get the crystal report 8.5 installation patch? i need to install the crystal report 8.5 developer edition but there is no way to get the registration key now. could you please provide the link to download.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your download link, but how to set the filter?

- well, when you open Process Monitor, you will see a Filter menu. Things should be self explanatory from there

+ what process name i should set for it?+

- win 2003 would be w3wp

By the way, where i can get the crystal report 8.5 installation patch? i need to install the crystal report 8.5 developer edition but there is no way to get the registration key now. could you please provide the link to download.

- new question. Try to keep these threads to one question. However, my question is, what crystal report 8.5 installation patch? Maybe you can look it up here:

but without more info, I'm not sure what you are looking for?

Re. permissions and what folder. Process Monitor wil show you. Most likely, it is the windows\temp folder.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

when i run my export function, i can see there is a new file created at the folder "C:\windows\Temp", when i try to open the tmp file, i get the message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process", i can open the tmp file after i end the process "w3wp.exe network service", the data in the tmp file is exactly what i need to export to the pdf file.

I think as Don said, it is the permission problem, but how to set the right permission? please advise. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am runing crystal X1 on 2003 server SP2. I am getting the zero file when exporting any format even if I try the Sample epplication.

I tried the procmon tool and cuoldn't find any Access denied entries. I am not sure what else to do !

I appreciate your input!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More info needed. See the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

Step 2 Asking Your Question; Provide Enough Information

and [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12045] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

For starters, the following would be good to have:

1) Win web app?

2) Exact version of CR?

3) Any CR patches / fixes / SPs applied?

4) is this happening on your dev system or after you deploy?

5) Version of the assembly crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll referenced in your project?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running Crystal XI with SP3 on Windows XP with SP3. When I try to export a PDF file I get an Access Denied error. My versions of ExportModeller.dll and crtslv.dll are 11.0.0.893. My craxdrt.dll version is 11.0.0.2495. I am running ProcMon and can see the Access Denied in the VB6 process, but cannot see which dll is causing the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have CR 8.5 and on my development machine (windows 7 64bit)  the PDF export option appears but when I deploy the application, the option to export to PDF is not included in the dropdown.  I have read the information on this post but have not been successful when I include the following files on the client machine and register them.  Can anyone help me with this

• ExportModeller.dll

• crtslv.dll
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR 8.5 is not supported on WIN 7. I highly doubt it will work on that OS, Ever. Sorry. For Supported OS by version of CR see this wiki.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

My development environment is windows server 2003 SP2. Client operating system varies from 98 to Vista.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi!

Have you been successful with the DLL's?

Cheers,

Dieter

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I need to settle on one computer, but I need to know what OS it is running. In your inital post from Mar 18, 2009, you write:

I'm having the same problems but only on workstations running SP3.

In this post you write:

My development environment is windows server 2003 SP2. Client operating system varies from 98 to Vista.

So, to cut down on the number of variable, which OS do you want to start with?

Is there any computer, no matter the OS that works for you?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case there is no clear relation to the OS. It only seems as if the problem would rather appear on current OS (in my case Windows XP SP3) but this might be related to many other environment changes.

Concretely some facts and questions:

1) I can reproduce the problem at will on a Windows XP SP3 Workstation and will stick with this one.

Installing our Runtime causes the PDF (and RTF) export not to work. Installing the Full Product works just fine.

2) Our Runtime installation did not contain the above DLL's (exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll) but also manually copying them to the proper (C:\Windows\Crystal) directory does not change anything.

3) We currently install to the SYSTEM32 directory ("c:\windows\system32") the following files:

crpe32.dll

crpaig80.dll

and the following files to the WINDOWS\CRYSTAL directory:

p2lora7.dll

p2sora7.dll

u2dapp.dll

u2ddisk.dll

u2dmapi.dll

u2dnotes.dll

u2dpost.dll

u2dvim.dll

u2fcr.dll

u2fdif.dll

u2fhtml.dll

u2fodbc.dll

crxf_pdf.dll

u2frdef.dll

u2frec.dll

crxf_rtf.dll

u2fsepv.dll

u2ftext.dll

u2fwks.dll

u2fwordw.dll

u2fxls.dll

4) We have combined our Runtime installer several years ago based on the Runtime Help File then available and never change it since then.

5) Is there a more up2date information? Is there a complete list of DLL's to be included?

6) Did I understand this thread correctly and the problem is related to the missing DLL's?

7) Where should those DLL's go?

😎 Do the DLL's (or any other) need to be registered?

Thank you,

Dieter

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is going to be the place to start:

1) I can reproduce the problem at will on a Windows XP SP3 Workstation and will stick with this one.

Installing our Runtime causes the PDF (and RTF) export not to work. Installing the Full Product works just fine.

Download the Modules utility so that you can compare the dlls loading when you have the Full Product as opposed to just the runtime. Modules can be downloaded from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

2) Our Runtime installation did not contain the above DLL's (exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll) but also manually copying them to the proper (C:WindowsCrystal) directory does not change anything.

- You need to register these as those are COM dlls

5) Is there a more up2date information? Is there a complete list of DLL's to be included?

- I found [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do] note, but the best way to find out what your app requires is to use the Modules utility.

6) Did I understand this thread correctly and the problem is related to the missing DLL's?

- Sounds like it to me. Works with the full product, does not work with the runtime...

7) Where should those DLL's go?

- well, that is the million dollar question. I suppose one answer would be; any place the app will find them (not to be flip about it). But those were the issues with many apps of the CR 8.5 vintage - dll hell(?). In my experience, the app directory was good, winsystem32 was OK, winCrystal was very good.

😎 Do the DLL's (or any other) need to be registered?

- some do. I see you are using Print Engine APIs as you only distribute the crpe32.dll for the actual engine. So in your list, I do not see any dlls that need to be registered, other than those discussed above.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the latest version of exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll and registering the two dll's did the trick in my case.

Please note that only when using the latest version of those files:

Thank you for your help!

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dieter,

I tried to find the files and version as specified by you. I am able to get the files but the versions seems to be bit older.

crtslv.dll: Vresion : 8.5.0.144

ExportModeller.dll Version: 8.5.0.35

I'll try and let you know if they are working.

Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can send them to you if you have an email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the latest version of exportmodeller.dll and crtslv.dll and registering the two dll's did the trick in my case.

Please note that only when using the latest version of those files:

Thank you for your help!

Dieter

Dieter,

Sorry to be a pain, is it possible to send me the DLL's too (crtslv.dll and exportmodeller.dll). I can only find the old versions and I have got the exact same problem with PDF's and V8.5.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan,

Will try and update accordingly.