We were having IM storage location which has some materials with stock qty. Recently warehouse managment is activated for this storage location and we extened all the materials with WM views.
Now when we are doing goods issue, system is looking for the source bin and not allowing to proceed with transfer order creation and confirmation.
I'm requesting the assitance to know, how we can directly move the stock qty of the material from IM to WM? so that we can have the soruce WM bin for any issues.
Your situation is not totally clear to me...
1. How was WM implemented? Before attaching the WH to the SLoc, did you removed all your stock from the Sloc?
2. Where is your stock now? In the same SLoc that is assigned to the WH or in another SLoc and you want to move the stock into the warehouse managed SLoc?
3. Or your problem is simply you cannot use WM properly...???
Generally, you have to define the proper removal storage type search sequence (SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Define Storage Type Search) and you also have to give the proper stock removal strategy for your torage type (SPRO > LE >WM > Master Data > Define Storage Types)...
You can give the storage bin manually if all else fails...(use LX02 report to check in which bin the stock is)
Please spacify your problem briefly and clearly.
To brief my request -
1. WM was implemented to the old IM managed Storage location without removing the stock. Users have not removed all the stock qty before implementing WM for that storage location.
2. Presently stock not available in WM level, but available in IM level in the same SLoc were WM applied lately.
3. WM is used properly in our company since 5 years without any major issues.
4. Stock removal strategies are working for all the storage type in general. Please specify the storage type you want me to check.
5. How it is possible to assign storage bin manually when LX02 is not showing the material.
I hope my request is clear now. Please let me know the possbile solution to get my IM stock in to WM stock.
WM was implemented to the old IM managed Storage location without removing the stock. Users have not removed all the stock qty before implementing WM for that storage location.
This is enough... You shouldn't have assign the WH no. w/o removing all the goods from the SLoc. Now, you have inconsistency in your system.
You should detach your WH from the SLoc, delete (or archive) all existing data (TO, TR, quants, etc) from the related WH (if necessary directly from data tables). After that you should remove the all stocks from the SLoc (SL01) into another (SL02) and after assigning the WH to the SLoc (SL01), you can move your goods from the temporary SLoc (SL02) to the original (SL01).
So, you should follow one of SAP AG's suggestion.
(I'm not sure that direct deletion under WH is proper, please also ask Svetja on SAPfans forum else contact SAP AG)
(Your original question makes no sense: the "IM stock" should appear in WM w/o any interaction if the WH is assigend to the suitable SLoc. The improper use of the system caused that your experience is not this)
Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 3, 2009 8:21 AM