cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining PPO settings conflicts with vendor creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a strange issue. We are working on ECC 6.0 and we have REFX implemented. Also we have followed the note 956054 and made all the configurations mentioned in it for customer-vendor-business partner integration.

Now, when one of my colleagues tried to create a vendor using the transaction code XK01, she could fill up all the fields successfully. But, when she clicked on the SAVE button the system generated a short dump.

Upon analyzing the short dump it was found that it was coming due to a setting mentioned in the Note 956054. Under point 1.2 of the note, the procedure for setting up the PPO is mentioned. And it has been found that the short dump is coming only because of this configuration of the PPO.

Can someone please throw some light on how to resolve this?

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there are errors while update in the CVI there are two possibilities:

1. PPO is not activated

Then a short dump is raised and it is possible to navigate in the dump to the variables that contain

further information about the dump (that is described in note 956054)

2. PPO is activated

No dump occurs and you have to check transaction for post-processing regularly if there are entries in the log because of updates that were not successful.

In a productive environment it is not suggested to activate PPO because that may lead to data inconsistencies. PPO is only thought for better error handling.

I prefer method 1., because you know immediately that something is wrong, you get no data inconsistency and by navigating in the debugger it is easily possible to find out the reason.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

Many thanks. What I find is that since I implemented the said note we do have the PPO activated in all our systems.

Can you please tell me that in case I put that tick off (deactivate it), ie essentially delete that single line that is there, will that have any impact on the customer/vendor creation?

If that does not have any impact then i would delete that entry. I created the entry only becasue point 1.2 mentioned about creating it.

regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as mentioned in Note 956054:

"We recommended you to activate the PPO for the testing phase. The advantage

of this is that the error messages are displayed with transaction MDS_PPO2".

If CVI customized properly, and you haven't any errors with this then:

"In a productive environment it is not suggested to activate PPO because that may lead to data inconsistencies. PPO is only thought for better error handling."

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suvarghya,

impact is in case of an error that when PPO is activated an entry is created for postprocessing.

If PPO is not activated, an error in CVI (f.e. because of missing obligatory fields) leads to a dump and you can do analysis of the error in the dump protocol as described in the note.

There is no difference if CVI is successful and no error occurs.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Many thanks for the information.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

Since our users are now able to create Customers/vendors successfully, I understand there wont be anything wrong if i uncheck the PPO activation. Many thanks for the information.

Kind regards,

Suvarghya Dutta