cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display HTML code in Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a field in the database in which the data is encoded HTML, it includes links to images. I have tried to use the RTF/HTML interpretation option for the field but it doesn't work. I saw on the other thread that there's limitation to displaying HTML - I am using Cyrstal Reports XI. So the crysal can't understand img tags correct? I am allowing users to do just about anything with HTML so it's hard to find a workaround if the we have to limit the tags. Would this issue be fixed in the future? Any piece of advice how to handle this would be great!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thank you for responding to my question, what I really want to do is for crystal to display all of the HTML code from the database which includes image links. Do you know if there's a request for this in Crystal or will displaying of HTML fields will always have limitations of what tags Crystal can read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pizzaz,

The HTML tags that are supported by Crystal Reports are:

" html

" body

" div (causes a paragraph break)

" tr (causes only a paragraph break; does not

preserve column structure of a table)

" span

" font

" p (causes a paragraph break)

" br (causes a paragraph break)

" h1 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold

& twice default size)

" h2 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold

& 1.5 times default size)

" h3 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold

& 9/8 default size)

" h4 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold)

" h5 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold

& 5/6 default size)

" h6 (causes a paragraph break, makes the font bold

& 5/8 default size)

" center

" big (increases font size by 2 points)

" small (decreases font size by 2 points if it's 8

points or larger)

" b

" i

" s

" strike

" u

And the supported HTML attributes are:

" align

" face

" size

" color

" style

" font-family

" font-size

" font-style

" font-weight

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Anindita

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Crystal Reports 2008, are those tags still the only HTML tags supported? Does anyone know how I can incorporate the table tags and image tags?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello all,

i know this is an old post but wanted to put an answer out for the html question.

in a memo field or database field the tags previously posted are the only one's supported by default.

however, you can activate pass-through html on your system and then drop the database field into a formula and place it on the report. you do not do any paragraph formatting though. once pass-through html is activated, the tags are automatically converted to the proper html.

therefor you can have tables etc. however, there are limitations to doing this...

1) the interpretation will only show up in the html viewers...not in the designer regular preview tab

2) you cannot export or print pass-through html

3) if you have code that varies in length, the formula field that you drop the code in will not automatically adjust...you could have issues with overlapping next sections etc.

if none of the above limits are a concern or you want to run a test for yourself, please see the webelements section [here |]for activating pass-through html.

please note that activating pass-through html is a supported feature. the actual code within your report is not supported though as it is html code and not really crystal code. please see the support notes on the webelements page for an idea on support.

cheers,

jamie

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello all,

i know this is an old post but wanted to put an answer out for the html question.

in a memo field or database field the tags previously posted are the only one's supported by default.

however, you can activate pass-through html on your system and then drop the database field into a formula and place it on the report. you do not do any paragraph formatting though. once pass-through html is activated, the tags are automatically converted to the proper html.

therefor you can have tables etc. however, there are limitations to doing this...

1) the interpretation will only show up in the html viewers...not in the designer regular preview tab

2) you cannot export or print pass-through html

3) if you have code that varies in length, the formula field that you drop the code in will not automatically adjust...you could have issues with overlapping next sections etc.

if none of the above limits are a concern or you want to run a test for yourself, please see the webelements section [here |]for activating pass-through html.

please note that activating pass-through html is a supported feature. the actual code within your report is not supported though as it is html code and not really crystal code. please see the support notes on the webelements page for an idea on support.

cheers,

jamie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try inserting an image in the report and right click on the image and go to format image>picture>click on X+2 corresponding to the Graphic Location and place the URL from the database field by extracting the link without tags.

I hope this may help you!

Raghavendra