cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure (0UNIT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This characteristic (0UNIT) is in the InfoCube by default. I don't understand how to load data to it and what is the type of this data.

Thanks,

Olga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

0UNIT is Unit infobejct. whenevr you use any keyfigure in which 0UNIT is used as unit. it will automatically come in Data target.

Now whatever R/3 field you are going to use to update that keyfigure. In R/3 for that field value must be some unit field available, u just Required to mapped that R/3 unit to BW unit.

Now if you want to transfer all units into BW from R/3 , then just use Globle settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With your powerful help I found the decision!

It is possible to load data to 0UNIT from DataSource loaded from flat file. For this you need to have field with units in flat file and then when you create DataSource you have to define this fileld type on tab "Filelds" as UNIT (click this field and choose from list).

Important! To get successful load to cube there are hard requirements to the data in this field in flat file. I had to change this data in flat file to two letters (may be 1-2-3 letters) words (for example, to change "Each" for "EA") according to table of units, described in IMG:

Tools -> Customizing -> IMG -> Project Administration ->Ctrl+F5->NetWeaver->Global Settings->Check unit of measurement

I read that it is possible to add new units into units table if needed, but I didn't try to do this.

Elsо:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2a/fa0122493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks a lot!

Olga

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Key figure and unit/currency go together.

If its variable unit , you need to map it in the transformatio with appropriate object from your source system.

If its fixed unit then you can hardcode the unit.

You can better understand this when you try create transformation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have different units (to measure quantity, 0UNIT is connected to Quantity key figure). And these units are words (CHARs not numbers in DataSource). How can I transform? To what format?

Olga

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And these units are words

Ya it will be like KG,LB etc

By the way you should have done RSA1---->Source system--->"Transfer Global Settings" -

>units of measurement so that it is same as your sources system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I can't. "Transfer Global Settings" exists only for SAP Source System but I load from Flat File.

Olga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have a R/3 system conected? If yes, do the transfer of global settings. This might solve the most of the possible loading errors if not all. Additionally you can edit the unit tables via transaction spro. Goto SAP NetWeaver->common settings->unit of measurement.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If u add any KF having referance of 0UNIT......automatically it will be added to the cube...no need to load that object....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

excuse me guys and gals, but what do you think will be displayed as unit for the keyfigure if you don't load data to it? Isn't is something like 'err', is it?

regards

Siggi

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> excuse me guys and gals, but what do you think will be displayed as unit for the keyfigure if you don't load data to it? Isn't is something like 'err', is it?

>

> regards

>

> Siggi

Exactly.

I was surprised seeing the answers.

P.S : ERR can be solved by NODIM()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

0UNIT is a unit for another characterstic which comes along with the other object when you drag it into the cube. Whenever you drag the object, you will get this.

It is not necessary to be loaded. Check in your requirement if this unit object and the corresponding data in necessary or not.

Regards,

KK.

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

0unit is the infoobject which is provided by SAP to caluclate measures for key fig data types quantity .

It is a refernce IO, This InfoObject is a unit key figure.

For quantity key figures and amount key figures there are 0UNIT and 0Currency IOs respectively.

No Need to load data in it.