cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbage or unreadable format upon uploading RPTEUP10 via sequential file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having problems on uploading file in RPTEUP10 using "sequential file". Upon uploading the file on unix directory /tcddata, the output is unreadable or should i say garbage, but when we try via "local file" the output is readable.

Has anyone encountered this? Hope someone could help here.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Alvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be that output file might be in .xls format or something You are using unix this might be problem.

To avoid this get output in ASCII format or text format. That you can read any where

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surisetti,

Thanks for the reply, we are only using the same file in "sequential file" and "local file" and this is only a TXT file. It works well if we use "local file" but garbage/unreadable on "sequential file".

Any other ideas?

Thanks and Regards,

Alvin

Former Member
ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alvin :

Per this report's documentation, it's only meant as an example, and not SAP 'official' time interface. Looking at the report, the problem seem to be it reads interface file in application server using binary mode instead of text mode.

I would suggest to clone the report, and change this to use text mode to see if it works.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your reply, I tried to clone the file and also tried to input it manually via vi editor in unix. Unfortunately the same result happens, the output is unreadable or garbage.

Any other suggestion? or does anybody here has a sample file that was verified working using sequential file? Maybe if possible I try to upload it on our system and see if its something to do with the file or theres something to be done on the application side

Best Regards,

Alvin

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alvin :

What I meant is to actually clone program 'RPTEUP10' and change line 'OPEN DATASET FILE FOR INPUT MESSAGE MSG IN BINARY MODE.' to 'OPEN DATASET ... in TEXT MODE. ' , not the data file .

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

We tried what you said, clone the program and change it to TEXT MODE. Many thanks to you and Surisetti for the help. Everything works perfectly now.

Best Regards,

Alvin Cruz

Answers (0)