cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csprintdlg error when printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot print at all from Crystal 2008. I had been using it for months, and something caused it to stop working. When I press print I get an error message that says Csprntdlg error.

Here is what I have tried.

Installed service pack... no change.

Removed and re-installed Crystal No change.

Rebuilt PC. Worked for awhile and something caused it to happen again.

I tried manually registering the csprintdlg.dll and get the following message.

The module "csprintdlg.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binaryu is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found.

Now the only way I can print is to exprot to PDF and then print.

Help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone ever get a real answer to this problem. This is killing us for all users that have Developer installed. I cannot believe that SAP has not created a fix/SP for this one.

If anyone has a workable solution, please let me know.

Thx..jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm wondering the same thing as the last post. I've recently installed CR2008 V1 SP3 on 3 PC's, I can print from one and not the other 2. I've copied the .dll's as suggested in this post from the working pc - no luck. I've repaired, uninstalled/reinstalled - no luck. Any other ideas? Everything I've read seems to indictate this was a SP1 problem but we're at SP3 already.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is from sp1. The solution that I have for this is as follows:

Copy from a computer that crystal works on, the following 4 files and paste them on your computer in the same file folder.

1.C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\csprintdlg.dll

2.C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\csprintdlg_res_en.dll

3.C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\crystalreportviewers12\ActiveXControls\csprintdlg.dll

4.C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\crystalreportviewers12\ActiveXControls\csprintdlg_res_en.dll

After copying these files I could print again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution didn't fix my csprintdlg error and I'm still unable to print.

Is there another source/location for the correct dll files other than another user's machine?

Both of the proposed solutions I've seen have instructed folks to copy the dll files from a working computer, but what happens if I cannot find a working installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Has anyone experienced it and gotten it fixed?

This software used to print before Service was applied - somehow SAP wants me to pay for a support contract before they'll help me fix their problem...I'm very reluctant to want to pay them to fix a problem which they apparently caused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

Resolution 1: Replacing the DLLs

Identify on which machine the reports are working fine and go the below location

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\crystalreportviewers12\ActiveXControls\

And find the csprintdlg.dll

Go to below location and find csprintdlg_res_en.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0 \win32_x86\

Copy these DLLs and paste them to the corresponding location on the machine where problem appears.

Resolution 2: Replacing the .CAB files

There are two .CAB files ActiveXViewer.cab and PrintControl.cab files on both of the below mentioned locations

INSTALLDIR:\BOEXI3.1\Tomcat55\webapps\CrystalReports\crystalreportviewers\ActiveXControls

INSTALLDIR:\BOEXI3.1\Tomcat55\webapps\CrystalReports\WEB-INF\resourcecabs

Copy these .CAB files from working machine and paste on the corresponding locations on the machine where problem occurs.

Regards

Girish Bhosale

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still cannot print. I copied the dlls from a working PC, but I still get the message "This complanent "csPrintdlg.dll" is not installed. HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In desparation, I started unistalling all Crystal programs, starting with the viewer 2008, then runtime 2008. Before uninstalling the developer, I decided to test one more time. Pronto! All is well again. I appears that the runtime messed up the print control somehow. All is well again.