cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval procedure not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an approval, but it isn't firing. In Approval template I have selected sales order, total doc amount greater than 0 and linked the approval stage to myself as the authorizer. I then entered a sales order for $300 and clicked add, but I did not get an approval message.

I noticed under system initialization/general settings that my Activate Approval procedures is ghosted out. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Is there something else I need to do to "turn on" approvals so my approval will work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209707
Participant
0 Kudos

In Administration --- System Initialization --- General Setting.

GO to BP tab and select activate Approval Procedure.

Try this and get back.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

robert_joesel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I just had the same problem, I was able to fix the problem the following way.

1) I removed Super user Manager from the approval process ( Stage set up to approve and Originator set up)

2) I then was able to go to Administration --> System Initialization --> General Settings --> go to BP Tab--> on the bottom left side check Activate Approval Procedures.

this fixed the problem for me, let me know if it works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you @Robert!!  it works ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert Eppele !

I think you should check in: Administraton-> System initialiazation-> Document Setting- Choose Sale Order and tick Sales Order Approved. May be not checked yet

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

Activiate Approval Procedure must be checked. If it is greyed out, with the check mark, its fine.

In Setting an approval procedure there are 2 steps to complete.

Under Approval Procedures > Approval Stages... you need to define a Stage and identify the user (in this case your user name) in the User area.

Step 2: Create the Approval template. Select the Orginator (the user who will be creating the doc). Select the Doc. In the stages tab, select the Approval Stage you setup through the previous step. In the terms..Select When the following applies and selcet Credit limit and in the Ratio's select the appropriate function and enter the value. ADD.

REMEMBER TO CHECK ACTIVE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bishal, I am using a test company, but on a live install at a client so i have over 10 user licenses. I created another approval for the doc sales order with no terms, just Always. I assume that means alerts will be sent any time a sales doc is entered. I entered a sales doc, but was not prompted with the usual alert remark for the authorizer window. And no alert was fired.

My Approval stage

Name = Sales Approval

Authorizer = manager

My Approval Template

Active box is checked

Originator = manager

Docs = Sales order

Stages = Sales Approval

Terms = Always

Activate Approval Procedure is still greyed out with no check mark. how do i update it with a check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert ,

I tested your issue and it was same as you explained.Some reason that activate procedure in general setting is disable .I created a new test database and now you can check approval procedures .

I guess this setting is affecting the scenario.

Can you check on your live database that whether that option is enabled or disabled .

I am not sure at this moment what causes that aproval procedures check mark is disabled or how to enable it after disabled.

Hope this helps

Bishal

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce the issue mentioned. Getting the Alert in approval procedure.

Check the following steps:

1) Create a Approval Stage : Authorizer being Manager.

2) Create a Approval Template : Approval Stage as the one above, applicable to Sales Orders and the originator as 'Manager'; Terms as Always.

3) Create a Sales Order and upon Add a approver comment window appears.

Check it with some other user and see if your Approval Procedure is working or not.

Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Edited by: Jitin Chawla on Mar 11, 2009 9:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bishal, the Activate Approval procedure box was unmarked in my live company so I went ahead and marked it fearing it may mysteriously ghost out in the future if I don't mark it now. I guess I will have to do my alerts testing in the OEC db or create a new test db.

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can have a look into Note No. : [864337|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1odSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=864337] regarding How to deactivate an Approval Template for a super user.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you include manager as an originator, the function to edit it bound to be grayed out. You have to use another super user not in the list to edit it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I faced this problem yesterday. I removed manager from approval process (inside the template) and the option "Activate Approval Procedure" is not grey any more.

Customer B1 9 PL 7

Kind Regards,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This specific SAP note did not help me

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post your query as new discussion. This is standard forum rule.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Sorry, but I would like to know why?

If this post has help me. Why I can not contribute? I did not understand.

Anyway i'll check standard forum rule.

Mariana

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because your quoted that "This specific SAP note did not help me ". I thought you had similar issues. That's why I have replied to create thread. Sorry if anything wrong.

Anyone can contribute at this forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ah ok, I get it now.

Sorry from my side too.

Thank you for advising me, I'm new here.

Kind Regards,

Mariana

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem. You are welcome to forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about your approval stage setup? That is the first step for approval. Who is the user to approve? You must be one of originator subject to approval under approval template too.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert ,

Can you log out and try that process one more time to see whether it will fire or not

• Since you are doing testing , why don't you use test user rather than manager .

• I expect you have probably one professional user license .You can keep switching professional license from manager to another user and test the issue . Manager always have access to license administration .

One more thing ,Instead of putting condition ,try activate procedure under term --always so we know there is no issue with condition .

Thank you

Bishal

Edited by: Bishal Adhikari on Mar 10, 2009 4:08 PM