13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 7:36 AM by Mahboob Rahman RSS

Unit Testing

Sneha Reddy M
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

I am new to unit testing can anybody pls tell me what is unit testing in SAP HR what is the scope for it

ths

sneha

• Re: Unit Testing
    Devi N

Hi,

Unit testing is testing a development or a piece of configuration on its own. Integration testing is used later and tests all developments and configuration together.

Unit testing is refer to the module which are going to implement.HR,PP, SD, MM, FICO etc. there will be test script based on that testing will be performed. 

Integration testing will be cross the modules. HR-MM-SD-FICO-HR  for example.  Integration testing is also called SIT ( System integration testing) .

Like submodule wise: Unit testing is refer to the sub module which are going to implement like OM, Pa, TM, PY, compensation, Benefits.

Good luck

Devi

Srini vas

Hi,

For  performing unit  testing

You have to create a test scenario in template  consisting of  testing result result, and your comments 

Sl No     Scenario                 Output                            Result                              Remarks

1            Hrinig Actions         Hiringa new employee              OK     

let me know on which module you want perform the testing so that i can mail you the documets.

Regards

Sri

Could you please provide me integration test documents for Time Management and PD. sagarikasharmarev at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Sneha Reddy M

Hi

Thanks for ur concern i wanted in SAP HR module

Thanks

Sneha

Gayathri Nannapaneni

Hi,

SAP HR module involves both unit testing and Functional integration testing.

1. unit testing involves testing of ABAP hr objects(programs,reports and user exits) and Configurations.

generally this will be done in Development systems of your client.after successful testing the relevant transports should be released to receiver client.

2. Functional integration testing also involves the testing of the above but here the testing will be done in quality or production systems.

Gayathri N

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
        Ravi Katari

Hi

Testing what u have done in pieces is unit testing

Like:

You configure NUMKR & Number ranges - and you test if it is working or not if it is working, is it working the way u want it or not etc.

Testing of NUMKR is one piece and number Ranges is one piece

R K

K Jagan

Hi Sir,

I new to SAP HR and some is asked how you do the testing in sap HR what are the steps and and tools you are using ,if u have any document Pls share with me

Regards

jagan

raosanta100@india.com

Sikindar A

The Configuration which u have done shd be tested node by node

in all the Modules

The Process that u have Mentioned in BBP from AS IS to TO BE must be checked .....................

Hemant Mahale

Hi,

Unit Testing :-

Shows that the developed software unit meets the technical requirements of the design.

Test basis :- Design specifications,UML model

Resulting assets :-Unit Test plan,Unit test report,Automated unit test scripts

Preparation & execution :- software developer

Test Infrastructure :- development environment

Also Pls Refer the following thread

Subject :- SAPTesting  

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 10:18 AM 

Regards

Hemant V. Mahale

Lokeswar Reddy

Hi,

In my opinion,

Unit testing is more like trailer of a movie where you concentrate more on the interesting/specific part, to say a requirement/function.

Integration test is more like a movie where you concentrate on pleasing all the audience in theatre, to say everything is looking good with all the modules.

Regression testing is like watching serials.

Regards,

LG

Actions