cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) - T.Code FBZP

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor

Hi Friends,

I have to work on Payment Medium Workbench. This is located in T.Code FBZP in Payment Method/Country and in Payment Medium.

Please explain how to configure Payment Medium Workbench, any good links related this and your expereinces and what error usally arise when Payment Medium Workbench is configured.

Please advise how the receivables or payables or payment advice can be downloaded to CD and sent to the bank.I also adviced that in this process no cheque or cash or traditional payments will not be used.

All the help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sridhar

Edited by: Sridhar M on Mar 12, 2009 12:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP has provided some of the DME structures for different countries. like GB_BACS for GB etc.

If your client is not part of those structure, probably you are required to create your own structure. It also depends on the bank of your client. They may want the file in a different format. Therefore, you need to first talk to the bank and get a sample file in which they need the format.

You can create the DME structure by using transaction code DMEE - Tree Type is PAYM.

You can create the DME structure as a flat file or XML file based on the requirement of your client (bank).

You can also copy the standard structure to Z structure and modify it according to your requirements.

Please also make sure that you have made settings in OBPM1, OBPM2, OBPM3 and OBPM4 (More importantly you should maintain the path where it needs to be downloaded)

Take help of basis consultant in order to create the directories. You can see the directories in AL11.

If there are no directory path maintained in OBPM4, then the file gets saved to temporary directory in AL11.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Seen your query on payment medium workbench. I have been asked to create a bank transfer file after running APP which is in a PDF form specific to the bank.

Could you please help in throwing some light on the steps to do for achieving the above with payment medium workbench?

Thanks,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is only possible to create a text (unicode) or XML file. I don't have seen an option for creating a PDF file.

It is compleet new for me that a bank want to have a PDF file with the payment lines. Normal they want to have a simple text file even not with unicode characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you please check my thread

Hoping for your solutions

Regards

Prakash

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thnaks for the answer

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Paul,

Thanks for the answers.

Can you please explain in detail how and where to start and finish the whole process of Payment Medium Workbench configuration,testing and presenting to the client?

I have searched google,but the examples is not clear.

All the help will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

The payment method you set up as a normal, there are examples in the system. The only thing is you assigned it to the payment workbench with the new structure you have to create and sse the transaction code's from Ravi for the DMEE config part

How to do these steps you can found back in the SAP help

-

What you exact have to do is depended from the file requerement.

The file layout you can create with the transaction DMEE. Perhaps there is a standard one for you contrie and you can use that one

Whit creating the DME structure think about the levels!!

In the most cases:

Level1 is your own company data

Level 2 is the general data for the vendor (customer)

level 3 are the line items

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If an payment is done through F110, i have selected environment - Payment Medium-DME Adminisration.

The Proposal or payment should go to DME Administartion and where i can download the file.

What are the setting that has to done in FBZP and F110. I have tried several times without sucess.

Please advise

Regards

Sridhar

Edited by: Sridhar M on Mar 13, 2009 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You can have a search on this forum. You can follow the steps from Ravi.

Look if there is an example you can use or use parts from an example.

I created a compleet new one some weeks ago but it is trying error and get it step by step. I could not found documentation about it and the help is not realy clear.

The best is to create a payment run with 5 examples (or possible cases). The payment program for creating the file you can run with SE38 and the program sapfpaym. When you run the program you see the results direct in the file. You can make a change in the structure run sapfpaym again, again.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Pls check if the following link is helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/47/8bf634b576bc4ee10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Sreenivas