cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve Web-UI performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

I got a terrible problem at the moment, wich I´m not able to solve. The Web-UI perfornance is absolutely slow and often there are timeouts.

I checked if all icm-services are running and now they do so, but the problem is still there.

Has anyone of you experience in improving the web-ui performance?

Thanks and regards

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member337429
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver

Have collected OSS notes - might be able to help on performance issues:

CRM 2007

Note 1162685 - SAP CRM 2007 Webclient Performance

Note 1179315 - CRM Web UI: Backend performance of configurable tables/trees

Note 1162605 - Network performance for CRM 2007 Webclient

CRM 7.0

Note 1244479 - CRM WebClient: Runtime related issues

Find more Information:

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-1923?GalileoSession=33323532A4.TgA8LH7I

Best Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen!

Solved, Thanx al lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also one more thing to improve web ui peformance.

There is checkbox to enable fast performance mode with fewer UI features in the personalization. User can set the flag.

Regards,

Paparao Undavali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen!

Thanks for your answer and you are totally right!

Our Hardware:

Harddrive 1,6 Terrabyte

8 Processors

32 Gig Memory

I did a complete SGEN for BSP and Webdynpros. Did you mean SGEN for all.

It´s only a demosystem, where 2 Users are workin on, so the data volume is insignificant.

It would be fine, you´re helping me.

Thanks

Oliver

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Yep you need to SGEN everything on the system. Once you have done that and boosted the shared memory buffer on the ABAP stack, it should take care of most things. However the first login to any of the webui screens is going to be slow, but afterwards it should be faster.

In you case I think you just need to generate and tweak profile parameters to get things running. I have no issues with our dev box which is similar in size. I will say until I got things up and running it was a little slow.

You also need to tweak your profile parameter timeouts, so that during the "first touch" of the code, you don't time out.

Take care,

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

You might want to do a search on performance back to several months for some more specific ideas, but in general the following guidelines apply:

1. How much memory does your CRM systems have? For Windows 64 bit based system, you probably should have at least 16GB if running an ABAP+Java instance.

2. Look at your shared memory parameters on each app server. This should be set to at least 250M, but you can get by 100M.

3. Have you done a complete SGEN on your CRM system? If not then don't even try to use the web application.

Are you running in a dev or productive environment, what type of data volumes, etc, etc.

If you can provide more details about your environment than it is slow, you might get some better answers.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Stephen,

Which shared memory parameter are you referring to in this post?

I've been working on tweaking the memory parameters for awhile now, but still have not gotten it tuned correctly.

thanks,

John

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Stephen was talking about the following OSS note:

Note 1281896 - High Memory Consumption and CRM Webclient

Kind regards

Nicolas.