cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for production order is running out! Please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our number range for the production order is running out, can anyone please guide me how to extend or create a new number range?

I try to go to CO82, there is no where for me to add a new range. Also, I can't extend continuosly the number range cause the next number already assigned to another order type.

What can I do?

Kindly please help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To define & assign new number range, refer to the below link

http://sivasappp.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-to-assign-number-range-to.html

Also a suggestion, why dont you archive the old production orders?

Also check the number of digits your system is presently using for production orders, system supports 12 digits.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the links, it is really help.

Is there anything I have to take care before do this?

Because the order type already tie to an existing range: 1000000 to 2999990 (7digit)

Now we want to tie to a new range: 10000000 to 99999999 (8 digit)

Or can we just amend the existing starting number and ending number, then reset the current number?

Will there any effect for the old orders or any other implication?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All i would suggest before fixing on the number of digits, look at your past pattern. Estimate the number of orders which you plan to create for a given order type, based on that select the number of digits.

Now if you wish to increase from 7 to 8, its fine, it will not be an issue, once you define the number range, system will throw a message if it overlaps, so you can be rest assured about that. Assign the new number range to the order type & standard SAP will take care of the rest. However if you have any custom reports / developments, just ensure that there is no hard coding to read only 7 digits. Apart from that it should work fine.

Hope the above resolves the issue.

Regards,

Vivek

Added

Please do not amend the existing number range or do any modifications to the same, it will lead to inconsistencies. So create a new range & assign the same to the order types

Edited by: Vivek on Mar 13, 2009 10:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Do I need to create a new range or can I directly amend the existing range?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to the Added section in my previous posting.

Anyways please do not modify the exisiting number range, create a new range & assign the same.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your query is answered, award points & close the thread, else revert.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the advise. It solved the issue.

Thanks.

Answers (0)