cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homegneous System copy Specific DB method Oracle Backup/Restore Sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Following the documentation, I´ve one doubt about the above method, is it needed to install again the SCS instance when the system is installed in one host and we want just to refresh database.

I mean, we want to refresh CRM quality system from Production system. It´s a ABAP+JAVA system, so i have to prepare a backup and export Central instance through sapinst in source system.

Afterwards it´s needed to follow the three steps in sapinst, Install SCS instance, Install database instance and install central instance (database copy section) . Or as we´ve already installed our quality CRM system, it´s just enough with installing database instance and central instance (using backup/restore method and exported data from source system)

Thanks a lot for this info because in the SAP guides it´s not clear from my point of view.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you are performing system refresh for ABAP+JAVA system using export import method through sapinst.

If my understanding is correct, During import you need to select system copy option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, this is an ABAP+JAVA system, the copy procedure is not R3load based export import but backup/restore method. It´s supported but in the guide is not clear if we have to unistall the whole system and re-install it from the scratch or it´s just enough with execute second and third steps.

Thanks for support, I hope someone can answer this question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have already installed the system, just a backup/restore would do.

Since it is a Abap+Java system, you may find the following steps.

01. Backup your source system (Abap schema) using brbackup. file1

02. Export your Source system (Java schema ) using sap tool. file2

03. Restore your backup (file1) abap schema in the quality system (brrestore)

04. Import your java schema (file2 ) for java schema

05. Perform post system copy procedures as per system copy guide.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

I´ve some questions regarding your stepts:

Steps 01 and 03, do you think it is needed to execute this steps through sapinst or is it enough to make backup restore in the standard way?

Step 3 , when you say export source system (Java schema) through sap tool, you mean use sapinst and execute step installation, isnt it??

Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks

System Copy

Oracle

Source System

Central system

Central Instance Export

When you say Import Java schema, you mean execute the following installation step through sapinst tool?

Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks

System Copy

Oracle

Target System

Central system

Based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA

Central Instance

Do you think there will be no problems by executing the Central instance step in target system without uninstall the currently installed system?

Best Regards and thanks in advance, I gave you some usefull points for previous answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Up Up,

Someboy can help ?? a last push out!

Regards

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best and easy method according to me for ABAB+JAVA stack is homogenous system copy in which you can build the export of ABAP as well as JAVA and install the new system with this export files.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I know R3load Based procedure, my question here is database specific procedure copy/restore method.

Is it needed to execute the 3 sapinst steps? or is it just enough by executin database step and ci step?

is it also posible just to restore a database offline backup in the standard way and afterwards install through sapinst just the last step (central instance installation for database specific copy method) SDM archive and ADS data?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes. Step 01 and 03 doesent need sapinst. A backup and restore using brtools for abap schema and export and import for java schema using sapinst tool.

No need to install again as the tool takes cares of the things.

Ensure a successfull backup of target systems before the copy.

Thanks & Regards

Babu

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Following the documentation, I´ve one doubt about the above method, is it needed to install again the SCS instance when the system is installed in one host and we want just to refresh database.

I mean, we want to refresh CRM quality system from Production system. It´s a ABAP+JAVA system, so i have to prepare a backup and export Central instance through sapinst in source system.

Afterwards it´s needed to follow the three steps in sapinst, Install SCS instance, Install database instance and install central instance (database copy section) . Or as we´ve already installed our quality CRM system, it´s just enough with installing database instance and central instance (using backup/restore method and exported data from source system)

Thanks a lot for this info because in the SAP guides it´s not clear from my point of view.

Well i didnot get your question properly, but as per my understanding if you have only ABAP instance installed then you can go with the Database resoration method but as you said ABAP+JAVA instance both are there so in that case you need to build the export of complete system through Sapinst and then you cn perform the same export file to install the target system which will be your Quality.

Another option is that just restore the database via database restoration method then try to restore the JAVA stack by file system method which is i think not supported by SAP if i am not wrong but it can be done i tired the same on XI system.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Backup/Restore method, is now supported as a database specific method even in ABAP+JAVA stacks, this is was the below SAP guide explain, the problem is that i don´t know if it´s needed to install again SCS instance if the system is fully installed in the target host. For me it´s not clear if it´s needed to unistall the whole system and install it again from the scratch or if it´s enough by selectyn system copy and follow the 2 final steps database instance and central instance setup

System Copy for SAP

Systems Based on SAP

NetWeaver 7.0 SR3

ABAP+Java

Perhaps someone else can say something about this.

Best Regards and thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System copy is concept to have same system in spare as it is with current data.

If you want to refresh quality system with production system data.

go for export import method. transaction scc7 scc8.

OR

you can go for database backup and restore but you need to do SID change activity in quality system after your restoration.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleague,

Export import with SCC8 & SCC7 is not valid since they are ABAP transaction, there is no java copy with this method,

Anyway thanks for your reply