cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with alternative URL for service endpoint

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to define a WSDL service that is behind a firewall/load balancer. By default, the wsdl service-endpoint is defined using the same URL prefix as the wsdl page itself. (e.g https://virtual_servicename...) However, we need to have the service endpoint use a different prefix as it does get converted by the load-balancer. (i.e. a firewall rule passes the traffic between the real host names, no virtual address is used)

Question 1) -- should I be using the transport settings tab in SOAMANAGER config to create an Alternative Access URL for Transport Binding? (I'm not sure transport binding and service endpoint are the same thing.)

If yes to Q. 1, then question 2) -- when I attempt to create an entry in this area using the correct URL, it ends with the following error: "SRT Framework exception: ICF: Error when creating alias node. Unknown"

Any pointers what alias node is needed and where to defined it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , Did any one find a fix for this error if so can you let me know how to fix this error.

Thanks,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

CHECK THE BELOW

GOTO TCODE: SICF

EXECUTE->SELECT DEFAULT HOST->SAP->BC->SRT->RFC->SAP----HERE YOUR WEBSERVICE PATH , SO THAT YOU HAVE TO GET EVERY TREE PATH SHOULD ENABLE AND ACTIVE IN MENTION ABOVE. OTHERWISE U CANT ACTIVE THE BINDING AND CANT CREATE THE LINK.

GET THE ACCESS FROM THE BASIS FOR YOUR USERNAME AND YOU ABLE TO DO THE CONFIGURATION .

PLEASE REVERT IF ANY DOUBT

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

I have same issue.Please let me knoe hor solve this issue.I have activated in SICF tocde.Even though i have same issue.Please provide the your inputs.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you will use reverse proxy tools like webdispatcher or apache server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I am also getting the same error in ECC EHP 5 pure ABAP system and haven't found any other thread that listed this error or solution, If you guys found the solution then please let me know.

Platform - Linux/DB2

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hi all

I know that this thread is old, but I am also having the same issue. Does someone know how to resolve it?

thanks in advance.

David.

Edited by: David Gimeno on Oct 8, 2010 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also having the same issue. Please advise if you got the resolution for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also having the same issue. Please advise if you got the resolution for the same.

kkostek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the same error - Save option in SOAMANAGER got it to me. Service status was set to inactive, and changes didn't save in R/3.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Kaz