cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning based on Expiration date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Can we plan material requirements based on expiration date? Currently we produce material/batches into stock. Expiration time = 12 months. How can I set-up MRP to read the expiray date of these batches and suggest new planned orders to make stock available once I hit the expiration date of the first batch?

Cheers!

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kishore_sirigiri
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

There is now has a solution for "Batch Expiration Date Management in MRP/MPS" and this solution has been implemented at a couple of Pharma/Life Sciences Companies in the US.

Please see the following link for the subject solution posting on ASUG -->Batch Expiration Date Management in MRP/MPS for all Stock Types  ( http://www.asug.com/discussions/thread/42495)

0 Kudos

Please visit link --> http://www.slideshare.net/vkpitsapiens/it-sapiens-sapmrp-expiration-date-management-material-obsoles... for a solution for "Batch Expiration Date Management in MRP/MPS"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You activate the Expiry date check for the required plant in OMJ5,If u want to maitain expiry date for finsihed plant,u activate the expiry date check for 101 movment in same t code ,after that maintain the min and max sled life for given material in the material master plant data storage view,

whenver u do the production order confirmationfor teh material,system will ask the production manufacure date ,based on the no of days maintained in the in M M,system will calucate expiry date automatically,

u can check expiry date in mb5m,msc2n,

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sonali,

In R/3 /ECC SAP has provided a Tcode : MB5M to get a list of expired batches or about to be expired batches. You can populate remaining shelf life field for this.

so if you put 30 days in Rem shelf life, syatem will give you list of batches that are abput to expire in 30days or less or that have already expired. You can then put those batches as restricted stock & exclude from MRP.

I know it does not solve the problem but this is a work around that I had used on an earlier project.

Thanks,

Ram

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my best knowledge you cannot consider SLED information during planning run (MRP run).

You have to handle the epired batches manually. I mean you have to scrap those goods or post the to blocked stock or set the status of the batches to restricted - based on your settings, MRP won't calculate with these stocks (you can use MB5M for reporting).

In SAP APO it is possible to consider this information. Please check OSS note 56383 and SAP online help.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

OSS#56383 does not exist. can u tell me the correct #?

Also, I am aware of MB5M etc. What 'am looking for is- system to plan when we are running out of stock; the stock actually exists but of no use as the expiration date is less than 12 months. The customer will not accept if we ship it when the expiration date is less than 12 months. Is there anything like this? Did anyone implement any solution within ECC (without APO)? Will "Characteristics Planning" help?

Thank you for your response!

Sonali

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, the correct ID is 563863.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Csaba! Very helpful note!

Sonali