cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S: what are the pros and cons of using WWI Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I would like to know what are the pros and cons of using a wwi server.

Thanks in advance.

Albio.-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

WWI server is used to Store the Standard Documents and its used to view the documents online in Read only mode.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need a WWI Server as soon as you want to generate reports in EH&S.

WWI reports are based on Microsoft Word Templates. The generated WWI reports are stored as Word documents in the SAP DMS.

With WWI you can displays EH&S master data and other SAP master data on your reports. You have a lot of layouting options. You can use almost all formatting options that are available in Microsoft Word.

For WWI layouting you need to learn a special WWI layouting language and you need a good knowledge in MS Word.

If you just want to display Ad-Hoc reports without storing them in DMS you don't need a WWI server, but you will need a local WWI installation on your Frontend PC (can be installed together with SAP GUI installation) anyway.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your messages.

How I save the documents (reports) generated with WWI in the WWI Server?

If i have a local wwi instalation, i could choice if i'm going to work with de local intalation or with the wwi server?, how can i do this?

The wwi server help with the performance when the reports are generated?

Thanks

Albio.-

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

the WWI server is an important add on in EH&S installation to generate an EH&S document. You need the WWI in EH&S to generate e.g. a MSDS or a label etc.

The generated document is stored in the Document Managment System (or in an archive system depending on your system set up). Later on this document is used automatically in the MSDS distribution process to print the MSDS.

The local installation of the WWI is necessary to display the document locally. There is a WWI.INI file you can change. There are several options. After adjusting this wwi.ini file you can save the WWI file locally. But this willl not help you in the automatic MSDS printing process. WitH ECC 6.0 Enhancement PAckage 3 you have further options. You need not to install any more a WWI locally but you must prepare more WWI servers.

Refer to http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm regarding the report generation process.

Refer to http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/a7/288aa30a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/frameset.htm regarding the report distribution process.

With best regards

Christoph