cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in reading archiving documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

To see the archived documents, I am clicking on "Data Source" tab in the customer/ vendor/ GL line items execution screen (FBL#N, FBL1N, etc). And thereafter I am selecting Archive tab and pressing enter.

But I am getting a message "Report RFITEMGL is not intended for archiving object FI_DOCUMNT" thereon.

Please help, why I am getting this message.

Regards

B.Mohanty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable response.

But still I am facing the problem. I have checked the "Acrchive Info Structur" and found them to be active. When I am selecting for Manual Selection, the Archive Selection is coming to be "not maintained". When I am trying for Archive Information System, message "Report RFITEMER is not intended for archiving object FI_DOCUMENT".

Informatively, I am getting the output from T-Code SARE. But this T-Code we can not authorize to the users.

Please advise whether I have to look for anything else.

Regards

B.mohanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FI documents can be also accessed by transaction FB03. This is standard transaction which is archive enable.

Check few things,

1. Check you have activated and built the infostructure

2. Check for Archive index built

If any one of the above is carried out then FB03 transaction should work.

Comming to Archive information system - "Report RFITEMER is not intended for archiving object FI_DOCUMENT".

When you are using AIS to retrieve archive data then above error should not be appering since archive structure retrieves the data from custom program when the infostructure is activated.

To overcome this please try with below process and post your output

1. Delete the structure of FI_DOCUMNT - Path > SARI > FI_DOCUMNT > Status > Delete Status per Infostructure

2. Delete the Infostructure table and program - Path > SARI > Customizing > Enter archive infostructure > Click on utilities > Delete table and Delete Program.

3. Deactivate Infostructure - Path > SARI > Customizing > Archive infostructure > Mention infostrucute > In menu bar click on Archive infostructute > Deactivate

With the above steps you have completely deleted and deactivated Archive infostructure.

1. Now Activate the Infostructure for FI_DOCUMNT - Path > SARI > Customizing > select Infostrucute > Activate it.

2. Build the infostructure

Now with above 2 steps you have reconstructed your infostructure

Retrive archived FI documents from Archive explorer > by selecting activate and built infostructure for FI_DOCUMNT

Doing above process you can see the archived FI documents.

For the User, archive enable transaction FB03 can you help to retrieve the FI documents.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This program error is due to non selection of archive session number or non selection or archive Infostructure.

Condition to retrieve the FI_DOCUMNT

There should be atleast one archive session no.

Way to check

1. Select Data Source

2. Select Archive

3. Select Files manually to retrieve the archived FI documents from the archive session file OR

4. Select Archive information system. (For this archive infostructure should be activated and built)

Enter > Execute with selection values to get FI documents.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Mar 24, 2009 1:35 AM

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhu,

Please try this option.

Goto SARJ transaction and check whether SAP archive information structure for this object FI_DOCUMNT is active. If inactive , activate it and then try again.

Regards - Swarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you select the archive session no from the archive?

Selecte the archive session no from the archive, enter and execute with your selection criteria. Generating this report may take some time.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhu,

Try searching the document from the Trans ALO1.And check for the Archiving Object whether it has been archived to the Archiving Object 'FI_DOCUMNT'.

Regards

Andrew