Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect VBKD inconsistency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i have one question to ask . i tried to develop a adhoc report using QUERY and inforset.

i join both table VBAP and VBKD togther with the fields VBAP-VBELN VBAP-POSNR join with VBKD-VBELN VBKD-POSNR

after i search through the SE11 find out that VBKD records seem inconsistency.

Here how it goes ...

i have 2 sales order here 50003 and 50055

50003 got 1,2,3 items

50055 got 1,2,3,,,,,9,10 items

where i search VBAP table with both sales order , it shows out perfectly .

But when i search VBKD table sales order no 50055 only have one record which is VBKD-POSNR = 0000 .

why the VBKD table for sales order 50055 does not contain POSNR = 1 , POSNR = 2 ... POSNR=10

why this happen?

Thanks

Wilson

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this to your Basis team for analysis of log files and other stuff related to database admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

vbkd has the business data(Customer group,price grp) and vbap has item wise data .

There is no inconsistency because the business data is same for header as well as the item data .

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updating of table VBKD (Sales Document: Business Data)

Business data is data the can apply to both the header and the line item of a sales document. Be default, the business data assigned to the header fo the document applies to all of the line items. If the line item data is changed and is different from the header data then an entry for that line item will also be made in table VBKD. So, if posnr = '000000' then it is header business data. If posnr > '000000' then it is line item business data. Table VEDA works the same way.

0 Kudos

Hi MONIKA

Thanks for your reply. As i go through the checking the VBKD with few Sales Document No that.

Below are my analysis..

If the line item data is changed and is different from the header data then an entry for that line item will also be made in table VBKD.

I check with one sales order no XXX52 find out that there is a changes of quantity in the item no. This particular sales order got 5 items. Then in VBKD table got 6 records. I understand that.

But when i check another sales order XXX43 find out that no changes in the Sales Order either the data header or the item data. But VBKD table still got 5 records.

why this happen? i am confused.

Some Sales order i find out that changes in the item but in the VBKD not able to appear the item records . POSNR still = 000000.

Edited by: Wei Shen Wilson Low on Mar 25, 2009 7:30 AM

0 Kudos

I HOPE U WIL GET ANSWER IN THIS.

You add an item level record each time your

VBKD information is different from the header (which has item number

000000). You can suppress some item level changes via config, I believe in

table TVAK or TVAP (IMG, document configuration). If you make the item

equal to the header after a change, it does not take out that line. You

will receive a warning in VA02, *if you change VBKD data that does not apply

to other items, because it is at the item level *.

0 Kudos

Hi Monika

what does it means?

If you make the item

equal to the header after a change, it does not take out that line.

0 Kudos

hey dat sentence is not for vbkd.

in vbkd if we make item again previous as header then it takes out that line .

dat sentence is for another tables (TVAK OR TVAP)

0 Kudos

ok seem that i understand a bit... i need to explore more.

0 Kudos

if i will get more .....i wil inform u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There in no inconsistency in VBKD table, its in the nature of VBKD table to store the business data in that format.

The reason for what you has observed in VBKD table is :

If the item data is no different than the header data, the system does not store it in the item as well. In this case, you can find the valid values in the header data which is stored in table VBKD under the item number "000000".

So incase you find only single entry with item number "000000" then copy the corresponding business data to all item numbers for that particular sales order in your internal table.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Hi Brajvir,

Thanks for your explanation.

It really helped me.