cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend length of Reference field in document header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to extend the length of Reference field in document header?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Jacqueline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I will contact a ABAPer.

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacquline,

I just saw this thread, and want to give my advise, please don't change lenght of standard fields, this is very critical, you will may face many problems, so please never think to change the lenght of standard fields, I would suggest look for alternate solution,or alternate fields that have more lenght e.g. BKPF-BKTXT (field lenght is 25).

Regards
Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad

What pre caution need to be taken while extending the field of Assignment from 16 Character to 22 Character. How the field length can be changed in SAP.

Your early reply shall be highly appreciated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praisty,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any effect in changing the length? E.g. integration with SDMM

Is that I need to find out all tables & structures related to this field and change them all?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Jacqueline

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The extended length for the field gets updated in all the tables where the data element(domain) for the reference field(XBLNR) is XBLNR1. I am not sure whether the Reference field has same data element in all the tables. Its better to contact an ABAPer before changing the standard values.

Thanks,

Regards,

Praisty.

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to extend the length of Reference field(XBLNR).But as i know only authorized persons can change it.

Use Tcode SE11 and view XBLNR1, which is the domain of Reference field. The default number of characters is 16 and you can change it, if required. you need to change the out put length also which is equal to the number of characters.

The default values for XBLNR1 domain are - Data Type is CHAR

No. Characters - 16

Output Length - 16

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Praisty