cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customers regularly ask for loyalty management solutions, mainly "Customer Card" management, where a customer earns points each time he purchases items.

Up until 5.0, CRM handled these scenarios very poorly. My requirements are as follows:

- Assign one or more customer cards to a customer/consumer;

- These cards have points which result from customer purchases (possibly in ECC Retail);

- Cards have expiration date;

- The cards are associated with a program partner (the system

- As a bonus the user should be able to use a web page to check his enrollment in loyalty programs;

The second loyalty managment scenario is, "customer checks". I don't know how this is called in english but are basically pieces of paper (or codes) that the holder can use to buy products in certain program partners.

In these scenarios I have to manage cards in several different program partners. This is one of the main requirements, as the company holds various "sub companies", each with it's own programs.

Does CRM 7.0 implement these kind of business scenarios?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the Loyalty Management Functionality Demonstration in CRM 7.0 Interaction Center.. in SDN eLearning Catalog .

SAP CRM 7.0 - Loyalty Management in Interaction Center :This video shows how an IC Agent can perform various loyalty management related processes such as new member enrollment, campaign registration, and placing orders which earn points.

SAP CRM 7.0 - Loyalty Management in Interaction Center - Part II : This is the Part II of the video showing how an IC Agent can perform various loyalty management related processes such as point redemption and membership merge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that is of some help. In the meanwhile I think that the customer checks I was talking about are coupons which were introduced in CRM 2005.

Problem is, after reading SAP help, I can't quite get if CRM Campaign can generate coupon codes for each member of the target group. I need to send these codes to people (automatically generated of course), and I need one code for each.

SAP Help talks about generating codes...manually. What does this mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is one of the way I can think of to automate , there can be more ( i just need more to think on this may be...)

I believe you have gone through the Coupon Generation Functionality and the Configuration around it . Once you have done you can use the 'Coupon Code Maintenance' CRMD_MKTPL_OFRCODE and create the Coupon Codes.

Once you have your coupon codes , you can store them as Marketing Attributes against the Corresponding Business Partners ( I didn't find any Standrd way / BADI to do this , But a simple Custom Program can do this ) .

Once you have this , you can use this Marketing Attribute in your 'Mail Form' which you will be creating to Let say mail the Coupon code to your Customers. This Mail Form will be linked to your Campaign.

The Campaign will have the Target Group including the Business Partners .

One you executed the Campaign , it will send out a email using the Email form and also attach the corresponding Coupon Code from the Marketing Attribute into the E-Mail ( Mail Form ).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

SAP CRM 7.0 Loyalty Management covers the first part of the requirement that you have mentioned. As you must have seen in the release notes as well.

The second part of your requirement is not clear, may be i am not able to understand it clearly though.

SAP CRM doesn provide framework for Coupon Codes as well and they can be generated for Business Partners and then can be used in Campaign of type Coupons.

Regards,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

My second requirement is the following:

1 - You create a "Coupon" campaign

2 - I attach a target list to the campaign

3 - I assign a condition type to the campaign with a value (this is just a way of saying "this coupon is worth 30 USD")

4 - A different coupon code gets generated for each partner

5 - This coupon code is sent in a e-mail

6 - The business partner can then use this coupon code to get a discount on a sales order.

My main doubt here is in step 4. As far I can see with internal clearing, SAP doesn't generated a coupon code for each partner. Or does it?

Thanks for all the answer so far. I just can't see the points

EDIT: I can see the reason now...wrong certificate.

Edited by: Nuno Silva on Mar 31, 2009 10:36 AM

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge of Coupon Codes, they are generated for a particular Business Partner in the System. This Business Partner is a "Clearing Houuse" in terms of business.

While creating a campaign, one can choose campaign type as "Coupon" and then on the header data side there will be some filelds which will become enabled. After this the necessary selection can be done.

If this doesn't serves the entire buiness requirement then in that case the functionality has to be enhanced and this calls for Custom Development.

Regards,

Harshit