cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Labels on a Zebra Printer from Crystal2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several Crystal Reports that are actually "labels" designed to print on Zebra printers. Everything works fine in version up through Crystal 10. Now that I have Crystal 2008, I cannot get the orientation of the label to be correct, no matter what I do to the settings with the designer or on the printer. Can you please help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Our developers have been working on these Zebra printing issue since the last update on this post and we have resolved all known and reported. Please download SP2 and re-test. If you find any issues let us know and we'll get them fixed also. SP3 may have more fixes also.

It would appear that others who use "custom" paper sizes this is still an issue. Jonathan has also found issue and we are creating new Tracking number for the develoeprs to look into.

Thank you for your patience.

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Nov 8, 2009 8:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't believe they haven't fixed this by now. They just need to get the orientation right. (Quit flipping the Portrait to Landscape)

0 Kudos

Check on the Option: Dissociate... and test again in Printer Setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and when I go to File... Page Setup I don't have the dissociate option only No Printer option.

[Don]

Then you are not using Crystal Reports 2008.

Edited by: Don Williams on Mar 10, 2010 6:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any resolution to this issue?

We are also experiencing the problem trying to print payslips which are 8.5 inches wide and either 4 inches or 6 inches deep.

This is on both an Epson FX1140 and an OKI ML 280 dot matrix printers, and is still an issue after installing Fix Pack 2.2 of Crystal Reports 2008(12.2.2.453)

0 Kudos

Hi Joe and Alex,

This posting is specific to Zebra Printers. Please post your question in a new post.

Thank you

Don

tony_hilton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this problem as well.

I have labels that are 5cm wide and 2cm tall. Crystal insists on changing the definition of the report to landscape and seems to send this to the Zebra printer. Thus ending up with very small sideways text and barcode.

Export to PDF and it prints fine from Adobe!

Even Word prints fine to the printer.

I've tried with and without the 'Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size' ticked and with a printer defined and not. I've tried user defined page size and one from the printer driver. Crystal insists on setting it to landscape.

Has anybody managed to get this to work some how?

Crystal Designer 2008 with SP2.

Crystal Runtime 2008 with FP2.5 (CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.msi)

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Did you check on the option to Dissociate.... It should all work now with the latest patches installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the latest patches installed, I have checked "Disassociate Formatting Page...", and it still changes the orientation if the width is greater than the height. It sounds like a simple change to an If-Then statement in the page setup programming, so why is this not working yet? After over a year of waiting for a good patch, when can we realistically expect this to be fixed?

0 Kudos

Our developers did fix this and the have disabled the change if function. I believe it will be released in Fix Pack 2.8 due out in a month or so.

I'm locking this thread now.

For more info see this thread also:

Thank you

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on May 3, 2010 7:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found that Acrobat is a decent work around for now. If you export to pdf and then open it in Adobe Acrobat you can print with the auto-rotate feature and it will rotate it back.

We have had an incident open with BusinessObjects since February. We received several calls telling us to check the most basic things. In the end nothing has happened and it is going on a year that it has been a known issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately exporting it then printing it takes time and most don't want that extra time to print. You have a ticket open for one year, sounds like you need to bug them again keep us posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not that it will make you feel any better, but it is not only Zebra printers. I have the same problem printing to Monarch printers. What's worse, the different drivers handle the wrong page sizes differently. If I set my 4x2 label's page size to 4x4, it works on the model 9855, but it has to be 4x6 to work on the model 9835 - which won't work on the newer model. So now I need two versions of every report as well as a need to dynamically determine which version is sent to which printer. Seems like we're spending a lot of time and money trying to work around a problem that Crystal should have rolled out a fix to by now.

ken_hamady2
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are not alone. This appears to be a bug. See these links for more info:

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/330

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/183