Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download: Scripting in a Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Scripting in a Box v0.0.1</b>

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/04/06/scripting-in-a-box-v001

Interested in PHP or Perl? Tired of fighting with getting a development environment setup and not knowing which version of what to work with? I decided to devote the little free time I have these days to creating a solution just for you.

Message was edited by: Craig Cmehil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I have both java 1.3.1 and 1.4.2 installed on my laptop. 1.3.1 is required for a time tracking program that the company uses and must be in the path. SAP Download Manager permits me to point to the 1.4.2 flavor with the JAVA_HOME environmental variable.

Is there anything similar I can do for scripting in a box?

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. I changed start.bat, putting the existing PATH at the end.

Cheers,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you got it Russ, Java is part of it and it should take from the start.bat anyway but yes it's just a matter of altering the path in the file

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig:

I am trying connection Python SAP::Rfc 0.08. I am also trying to use this with Python25 (alpha by now) but I have conflicts with the python24.dll. Is this possible for you to generate the saprfcutil.pyd for this beta version?

Thanks for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not got that version of Python and I won't add any alpha/beta versions into this environment.

However you should be able to compile it quite easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

v0.1 is now available! Check the downloads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those receving an error when trying to "stop/restart" Apache within the SiBox package, here's the fix.

This is also the piece (service) that exists outside of the package, but makes no difference as you move the package around.

1) start.bat right before "start C:\Development...." there should be the following lines.

REM ** Set Service Name for Apache, this enables starting and stopping of Apache while in Eclipse

C:\Development\Apache\bin\apache -k install

2) Eclipse Preferences - PHPEclipse - PHP External Editors

For the Start Apache it should be parameters "-k start"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warning there is a conflict with these settings, Mod Ruby/Fast CGI and the MySQL library for PHP.

Working on the problem - seems to have happened in the last update (newest version of the Mod Ruby)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Python 2.5 is very mature nowadays..

Could you possible compile that saprfcutil.pyd?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig, I've tried to download version 0.0.5 three times and always get that the .rar file is corrupted when extracting it from the zip file. I can only extract the "readme.txt" file.

I will try to download the version 0.0.1 an the update to 0.0.5 and see if I'm more lucky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to get it fixed on the server but for some reason it'S not taking - they are working on it though!

Sorry about that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

please let us know when the right file is up to the server because i have downloaded the corrupted file 3 times (each time with a different download manager) in order to check if the download managers or the zip file is corrupted

We are all waiting for this version!!!

Thanks a lot,

Thanassis

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN the meantime for all of you who already have v0.0.1 you can simply download the 15MB upgrade at the end you'll have the complete v0.0.5.

stanimir_dochev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Could you please post the size of the ZIP file, since it is rather large and takes sometime to download?

Good luck ;- )))

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll be sure we get that added in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

wanted to give it a very quick jumpstart, and had to learn that it is not advisable to rename the directory from 'Development' to something else (which unfortunately was the very first thing I did). configure.vbs doesn't seem to like that and adjust everything accordingly.

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did I not mention that? It deals only with the drive letter in this version, next version takes directory into account as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

obviously not explicit enough for the dummy like me

btw, nice job craig!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great tool Craig -;) Very nice job -:D

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://gabbly.com/https:///people/sap.user72/blog/2006/04/06/scripting-in-a-box-v001 about it</a>

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice -:D

Greetings,

Blag.