cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports viewer(runtime) barcode printing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are a SAP BO Partner using Crystal Reports to print barcode labels. Can you advice me how to print barcodes from SAP Business One via Crystal Reports Runtime using printer internal barcode fonts? We print on Zebra or Datamax printer. We are able to print the barcode when we create a report in Crystal Reports Basic 2008, however, it doesnu2019t come out in CR Runtime. It means when calling the same report from SAP BO via Crystal Reports Runtime the internal printer barcode font changes into a standard font and it comes out just as a text.

Thanks for your advice Miroslav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Miroslav,

You may want to post this to the Business One forum also. Typically if fonts don't work it's usually due to the applciation doesn't have access to them. Open Control Panel and go to Regional settings and Advanced tab and check on the option for all users to have access to the fonts.

If that doesn't work then ask Business One for help. This forum can only help you with Crystal Reports and SDK.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

After more investigation we came to conclusion that the problem is caused by crystal report viewer (runtime) that is not possible to work with internal printer fonts.

In SAP Business One the internal fonts are ready to use a functional.

Detailed description of the problem scenario:

1) Attached printer with its internal font (Zebra or Datamax) and define its font .... for example barcode EAN13

2) define report in crystal reports basic 2008 SP1 where is as part of the repor used text formated with the internal printer font.

3) printing report from crystal reports=the report displayed or sent to printer is OK. The text is printed in the specific format (barcode EAN13)

4) printing report from crystal reports runtime (viewer)=the report displayed or sent to printer not in specific internal printer (ean13) format it is printed in standard(default) font as text.

We have also on recomendation instaled the latest version of CR Basic 2008 SP1 and CR Runtime 12.1.0.892 but the behaviour is the same.

0 Kudos

You are correct. Crystal Reports does not use internal Printer Fonts, we need to have access to them in the \Windows\Fonts folder. You can likely contact the barcode font owner and get a copy, use True Type, and load it into Windows, then your reports should work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did this problem ever get solved?

I have a client with similar problems where UPC fonts disappear after logging off from desktop client?

Any solution or any suggestions?

Thank you.

Syed

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Can you please create a new Discussion and specify:

Version of CR - Please be precise.

Version of .NET.

Is  this an app you have written?

Web or Win app?

Does the app work anywhere?

Do the reports work in the CR designer?

Moe info re.:

UPC fonts disappear after logging off from desktop client?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very helpful question, I am having problems with my bar code software--since I don't have much experience on the barcode things, I feel great headaches on print barcode report vb.net 2008. This thread offered me much insights. Suggestions here are also practical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I haveing same type porblem I have a program in vb language and a Crystal Reports for bar code printing label and  bar code is shown in report but at run time bar code not shown it show as a text

please help here

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a web app, make sure the w3wp process has rights to the font. If you think it does, specify why you think so

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces