cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is lock box processing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai experts please any one tell me what is the lock box processing where is the availabe to lock or unlock box processing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praghnesh,

I think all your interview questions have been answered here.anymore left?? before posting your queries try to search for that first.I hope that there are hell lot of materials and solutions inside this SDN community.For everything dont expect to be spoon fed.All your questions are very basic and it can be searched very easily.You cant learn SAP in one day..see ur queries list..it seems all are interview questions..

[what is lock box processing? |;

[in the period control screeen what you customize? |;

[why do we give different posting keys for different transactions |;

[is it possible to give a dep key to multiple dep areas |;

[what is debugging? |;

[how many varients we can create at a time in APP? |;

[hai this is very important |;

[do we use same bank accounts in APP and BRS |;

[how you post the opening stock/opening balanace during the implementation t |;

[how you upload the master data |;

[what is lock box processing? |;

Before expecting solutions to be spoon fed try to search or research by yourself and if you fail post your query.That will be useful for your future career.Take it in the right stride.

All the best.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew you are in a way responsible for this. You are really spoon feeding people like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

>

> Andrew you are in a way responsible for this. You are really spoon feeding people like this.

Can you please explain me why do you say like that?

Regards

Andrew

PS: Hope you had read my post word by word and checked the links which i have pasted . This is not 'Spoon Feeding' but 'Pin Pointing'.Verify the contents before commenting on it.Careful verification is one of the basic thing for a consultant.

Edited by: Andrew J on Apr 7, 2009 4:30 PM(PS note added)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pleas find the following simple explanation for an understanding of lockbox processing.

""Lockbox Processing streamlines the process of handling customer payments. Account receivable checks are mailed directly to a post office box that is maintained by the Bank. Mail is picked up and payments are credited to your account on the day they are received.

You get prompt reporting of daily receipts, either by e-mail, fax and/or through postal mail. This information may include copies of actual checks mailed in for payment, or detailed spreadsheets with the information tailored to your needs. Any enclosures or additional information received from your customers along with their payment, including hard copies of received payments, can be forwarded by mail to you or delivered to a Monroe Bank banking center for convenient pickup on the next business day.

Utilizing our lockbox services can not only make one less hassle for you, it can greatly expedite the credit of funds to your account. Our Lockbox Department deposits your customers' payments on the day they are received, getting a head-start on your money's earning potential! "

Thanks

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

I feel that it cannot be called as spoon feeding. Its a knowledge sharing forum and if any user is requesting some information, members who are interested can reply to that thread.

I dont want to offend anyone but its my personal feeling.

Thanks

srik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever you have written here are already available in help.sap.com. They dont want to put extra effort to search and read the documentation. They want evrything to be given in a pill form. No offence to any one.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lock Box processing :

Lockboxes are a procedure used mainly in the USA to enable checks to be deposited more quickly. The checks the bank sends to you are entered as credits by the bank, and the information entered is sent to the payee using File Transfer. The lockbox files must be formatted per the BAI standard format.

Under certain circumstances, the bank transmits a data carrier to the payee several times a day; the carrier bears the important check information.

From this data carrier, postings are then generated for accounts receivable and G/L accounting.

Lockbox service has the following advantages for the payee:

- Better liquidity, thanks to faster collection, depositing, and crediting of checks.

- Reduced processing workload

To import lockbox data, proceed as follows:

Choose Incomings -> Lockbox -> Import.

You reach the initial screen.

Specify the path and file name of the lockbox file.

Specify the import options.

Choose Program -> Execute.

From the SAP Easy Access Screen select Accounting -> Treasury -> Cash Management -> Incomings -> Lockbox -> Postprocess or Accounting -> Banking -> Incomings -> Lockbox -> Postprocess.

Enter the required data and choose Execute.

The selected lockbox data is displayed in a hierarchy. The icons in front of each line show the status of the check. The following are possible status entries:

- Posted

- Posted on account

- Partially applied

- Not posted

Proceed as follows to display the check status:

a. Choose View -> Other Display

The screen for displaying lists appears.

b. Click on the ALV icon Layout settings and choose Change layout.

c. Select the Check Status field in the dialog window under Column List.

d. If you want to use the field in the column list, click on the left arrow and choose Copy.

The system displays the check status.

Edit Payment Advice

In order to edit the payment advice, double-click on the Payment Advice field in the list display. Change the data you want to correct, save and choose Back.

If you want to change the account or account type, show the Account and Account Type fields as described for the Check Status field. Both fields are shown in the list display and you can change them directly. Choose Enter to save the changed data.

If you want to ensure that your changes have been saved, double-click on the Payment Advice field and choose Payment Advice -> Header.

Choose Checks -> Post to resume the automatic posting of changed checks.

nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/cf/6fef6e414f11d182b10000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

regards

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge only Lock box process is available in SAP.There is no unlock box process in SAP.

Regards

Surya