cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing doc number and the accounting FI doc not matching

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have created the same Number range for the Billing Document and for the Accounting Document.

But when my Billling document get stuck for any Account determination error. ( Billing Document number is cretaed)

But the Accounting Document is not created due to accounting determination error.

Here the problem is accounting number is not getting reserved for the billing document. Therefore number sequence is not comming properly.(Same billing documnet number and the Same Accounting document number is not matched.)

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Uwanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently made configuration changes to align SD-FI document numbers, per usersu2019 request. Now SD and FI produce the same document numbers. Users like this better as it makes life a lot easier for them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All,

>

> We have created the same Number range for the Billing Document and for the Accounting Document.

>

> But when my Billling document get stuck for any Account determination error. ( Billing Document number is cretaed)

>

> But the Accounting Document is not created due to accounting determination error.

>

> Here the problem is accounting number is not getting reserved for the billing document. Therefore number sequence is not comming properly.(Same billing documnet number and the Same Accounting document number is not matched.)

>

> Please help me.

>

> Thanks in advance

>

> Uwanthi

Hello

Best practice is to have different number ranges for invoices and a/c documents. pl create and assign accordingly you wont have this issues..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwanthi,

1) In one customer project, we managed to do this with an external FI number range for the RV document type (therefore the FI document number is copied from the SD document).

2) In another project, the customer did not care and we have different number ranges for SD billing document and FI billing document.

What do other people here think? Is it better solution 1 or solution 2.

I think solution 2 is standard SAP proposal, so I like it better

Regards,

Franck