cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation billing document has no accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I once cancelled a billing document through vf11. But accounting documents were not cancelled. That means the cancellation billing document did not generate accounting document.

Pls tell me how to cancel accounting documents for cancelled bill?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member226244
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please Check this :

SPRO->Sales and Distribution>Billing Documents-->Define Billing Types

Select Billing type S1.

then check Posting Block .it should be unchecked.

Thanks,

Geetanjali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Thanks for your response.

S1 is a SAP standard documnt type. No posting block is there in VOFA, S1 doc type.

This is an excise invoice.Eevery time I cancel billing document, accounting docuents automatically gets cancelled. But this time I am getting the error.This document cant be released to accounting.

I had to cancel the bill 85002300, as once the billing document was saved, only one accounting document( only for excise, cess, ecess and cenvat suspence) was generated instead of two accounting documents.

In cancellation document 90000174, I ckecked Account determination anaalysis, KOFI00, I found account determination took place for all the entries that were there in the billing document 85002466.

Still no accounting document cant be seen, and nither can be released.

Pls tell how to generate account document for cancellation document

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Pls shed some light in my problem!! I want accounting documents for my cancellation document!!

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta

Check posting status in cancellation document header.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagendra

The posting status of the cancellation document is cancelled. that meanes some body has cancelled it.

Now what I will do?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

Check posting status of billing document by Goto > Header > Posting Status. This positing status give reason so based on that you do analysis.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta

Go vfo2 give the cancelled document and press thw green flag release to account.Pls let me know wat error does system give

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

When I went to VF02, and pressed the flag, I am getting the followi ng message:

The document has already been completed

Message no. VF061

When I am cllicling on accounting, thn getting the following message:

The accounting document has not yet been created

Message no. VF062

My end uesr has cancelled the canceled document. Thus in header Posting sttus tab page, the posting is coming as complete.

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends!

I am now closing the thread.

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you cancel a billing document, you are actually creating a cancellation document. The cancellation document copies data from the billing document and transfers an offsetting entry to the accounting department.

So once you cancel the billing document it will create one cancellation Document and one reversal Accounting Document.

there is no need to cancel Accounting docuemnt which is created after cancel a billing doucment.

Thanks,

Geetanjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I cancelled the billing document 85002300 from VF11. The cancellation document is 90000174. This cancellation document with document type S1 does not have any accounting document generated.

For the document, 90000174 The system is giving the following error:

The accounting document has not yet been created.

I am not even getting any thing in VFX3

How to solve it?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Edited by: Sangeeta Mukherjee on Apr 8, 2009 8:26 AM

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

please check in VOFA whether the Billing doc type S1 is having the posting block checked or not.

Once checked then go to VF02 enter your billing doc no and click on Flag to release to accounting.

Hope it clears you

thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeetha,

Lets handle it phase by phase.

First Scenario

Your accouting document not generated,

1. VF02 Mode Click"Release o Acounting" the Accoutning documents not generated.

2. If yes, then OK Else

3. Check Whether you have assigned Accounting keys to the relevent condition types.

4. Check Account assignment Procedure VKOA and check G/L account has been assigned.

5. If error found correct it Else

6. Check with FI Consultant whether Accounting entries has been posted with reference to customer and Invoice.

Second Scenario

I f accounting documents gets generated and you use VF11 to Cancel the invoice, then automatically the posting document gets reversed and seperate number will be assigned for those documents. which you can see in the doument flow. Check with FI Consultant.

Regards

Sathya

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta

Check wheatehr for the S1 billing document type Posting block has been checked or not. If it has been checked then uncheck it and secondly also check in the F2 billing document type wheather S1 cancellation billing document type has been assigned or not.

Finally check wheather the billing document which you were cancelling that billing document generated accounting document or not .If it has not generated the accounting document then check the settings in OBA7

Regards

Srinath

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding to your query once your billing is cancelled its accounting doc is not

cancelled. First you have to cancel the accounting document generated once the billing is done.

After the cancelling of accounting document cancel your invoice.

Thanks

Sushant.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That means the cancellation billing document 
   did not generate accounting document.

how to cancel accounting documents 
    for cancelled bill?

Both your above statements are contradict to one. First you have indicated that Accounting document has not been generated and in the next one, you have asked how to cancel.

Please let us know what exactly your issue is.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi