Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_TABU_DIS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of S_TABU_DIS?

What is the use of field Authorization Group in S_TABU_DIS Object?

I also want to know about Package?How it relates to TCodes?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Karthika

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthika,

S_TABU_DIS is the primary object that gets checked when you are trying to access tables in the database. Depending upon the Activity values given in S_TABU_DIS & S_TABU_CLI you will be able to Display or change the data in the tables.

One of the Field of the object S_TABU_DIS is Authorization Group. Each table in SAP is assigned to a particular Authorizations Group. For example if a Display access is given to a user for a particular Auth. Group, theuser will be able to display all the tables assigned under that Auth. Group.

You can get the list of all Auth Groups in T-code SE54.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know the difference between S_TABU_DIS and S_TABU_CLI Objects?

0 Kudos

Dear Karthika,

S_TABU_DIS is used for the normal table maintenance.

S_TABU_CLI is used for Cross Client table Maintenance. CLIIDMAINT is the only field under this object. If the value '' is given for the above field, then the Cross Client tables cannot be maintained. If a X value is given then the system allows to maintain Cross Client tables.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Karthika,

try also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c2/9ba23898909633e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

there you will find, where to look for the complete information, that you require (directly in your system!).

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This object gives access to change the SAP dictionary tables via standard tcode SM30.

It is very crucial auth object...

When anybody requests to view the tables this object will give you access with activity 03.

Always ensure the correct activity value while you designing the SAP roels with S_TABU_DIS object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for clearing my Doubts.

However Is there is any method to restrict user to particular table?

In S_TABU_DIS ,User only restricted for Table Group.

Kindly help me.

Regards

Karthika

0 Kudos

DICBERCLS is used for this purpose. Put the authorization group of that particular table only here. Make sure there are no other instance of S_TABU_DIS with other values. User will be able to access that Table only.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Through se54 we can relate tables to various Authorization Groups. If a new table is created a customized one then normally its assigned to &NC& i.e. Non classified. s_tabu_dis is the auth object for dealing for tables and controlling the access. First check a table to which group it belongs. Log in to se16 run tddat and give table name to find its group. According to that give 02 or 03 in activity and the respective group in Dicbercls. Please let me know if it answers your question.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

There is no standard object that you can use to restrict users to a specific table.

With S_TABU_DIS you could only limit them to authorization groups (which gives access to many tables)

The best way to restrict is to design a custom table display tcode which is controlled by a custom auth object with "Table" field (Standard auth field) and this custom table display tcode can be used in place of SE16. And then when you design a role for this new auth obj you can add the specific table names in the table field.

This will resolve the issue for users who want to view tables and you want to limit them only to specefic tables

For table maintenance using SM30 you can have the developers develop custom tcode for each custom table that needs to be maintained

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Aveek Basu ,

Thanks for your response.

But I need a user should be restricted only for table .

Ex:If user to check only usr02 table ,then he needs to be assigned to SC Group.But User able to access all the tables in that group.

Is their is any other Object to restict only to particular Table?

Regards

Karthika

0 Kudos

Which table is it?

Have you thought of using a different (business) transaction?

You need to put more effort into understanding the system, and a training course will be a big help for you otherwise you will be frustrated.

These professional forums are not a substitute for training by asking easily searchable questions...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> You need to put more effort into understanding the system, and a training course will be a big help for you otherwise you will be frustrated.

>

> These professional forums are not a substitute for training by asking easily searchable questions...

>

Don't mind please, I am also agree with Julius. May be help.sap.com will be a good place to start.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.