SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate the IS Utilities on ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to IS Utilities and I am interested in learning the same.

I have ECC 6.0 IDES version and I would like to know how to activate the IS Utilities functions.

When I use the tcode of SFW1 it says "Transaction released for internal SAP use only", and in tcode SFW5 under Business Function Set I can see Utilities but not able to choose the same and activate it.

Kindly guide me activating the same and also kindly guide me how to start the SELF STUDY of the same.

Kindly provide me the business process, for example we know the business process of SD is from Enquiry -> RFQ-> Sales Order and so on... I would like to know the similar pattern business process of IS Utilities.

Kindly do the needful at the earliest,

Thanks in advance,

Ramya.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try SFW3 and SFW2 as weel as transactions and use the business functions ISU_UTIL_WASTE to see some details. In SFW5 you will have to mark the line with ISU_UTIL_WASTE and hit STRG + F3.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

hi

go to sfw5 select "Utilities" in Business Fucntion Set

then u can see the list of things to be activated..

select individual items and click activitate .

repeat this for all items under utilities

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur kind reply, but I have already tired as u guided but its not working.. can you please let me know if there us any other way.

Thanks u,

Ramya.

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur kind reply, but I have already tired as u guided but its not working.. can you please let me know if there us any other way.

Thanks u,

Ramya.

0 Kudos

hi ramya

then contact ur basis person than to dig ur brain...that will save r time

kr

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activation could be possible with SWF5 only , but for the NON IDES installation,

post activation also u need to add pacthes otherwise it wont show u like rate programs , divisons, etc..

Sree

0 Kudos

hi Sree

did u note that sentence

Transaction released for internal SAP use only

in her 1st post..

vats ur opiniopn abt that???? do u think still she can activate that????

kr

raj

0 Kudos

"When I use the tcode of SFW1 it says "Transaction released for internal SAP use only", and in tcode SFW5 under Business Function Set I can see Utilities but not able to choose the same and activate it."

IN IDES it shows just list it wont allow to activate , As we have practically seen the activation i am informing u on this, kindly let me know ur email id so that i could send a doc.

Sree

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

So you mean to say that in IDES version we can not activate the IS Utilities, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Ramya.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Ramaya,

The transaction code for Activation of any IS component is SFW5.

Please ensure the following:

1. Check with the basis team that you have SAP All authorizations . This is required when the IS component is activated using SFW5, the system updates lots of tables and fields and if you do not have authorizations for any of the tables this will be reflected in the LOG details.So request the basis team to give the authorizations for a short period.

2.In the Business Function Set ...Select Utilties

3.Checl all the Check boxes.

4.Please check if no other IS component is activated on the system you are trying to do so.Yoy can have JUST ONE IS Component in one system.

5. Any IS component once activated on a system cannot be deactivated...

Regards,

Ashok Chauhan

0 Kudos