cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAO Error Code :0xc62 when run Crystal report over excel worksheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently uninstalled Office 2003 and installed Office 2007. Since then I can not run Crystal Reports that I had (or try to make) over an Excel Worksheet. I get the message "Logon Failed. DAO Error Code:0xc62.....Could not find installable ISAM. I have reinstalled Crystal reports and applied sp2, sp4 and the latest BO XI common patch and monthly hot fix. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution to this issue was to upgrade Office 2007 over the top of Office 2003 instead of uninstalling 2003 and then installing 2007. Once I took Office 2007 off and installed Office 2003, then the error message went away. I was then able to "upgrade" to Office 2007 and Crystal Reports continued to work.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information - but I am not trying to access spreadsheets created with office 2007. I am trying to access 2003 .xls files - even through old reports that worked prior to the installation of office 2007. I'm thinking something got screwed up between the uninstall of office 2003 and the installation of office 2007 that effected the DAO dll's. I registered it again but I still get the error. My next step is to uninstall Office 2007, reinstall office 2003 and see if I can get things working again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The uninstall of office 2007 and subsequent install of 2003 allowed Crystal Reports to run over an excel worksheet again - so I'm working for now but can't upgrade to Office 2007...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are working with Release 1 of the Crystal Reports software and that is the reason for not being able to connect.You may want to download and test with the free trial version CR 2008(which is officially tested with Office 2007):

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

You will also get a feel of the latest version of the software.It has improved a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of Crystal Reports is 11.0.0.2812. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

The DAO technology cannot be used to access the Microsoft Office 2007 file formats: Microsoft Access 2007 .accdb, Microsoft Excel 2007 .xlsx and .xlsb (Binary). These file formats are supported using the Microsoft 2007 Office System drivers for ODBC and OLEDB.

Try the below:

1.Create a new ODBC DSN to your database before you set the data source location.

First create a Data Source Name by following the steps mentioned in the SAp Note#1214244 - How to Create a Data Source Name (DSN)

2. After creating the DSN, I suggest you to set the data source location in that report.

I suggest you to refer to the following link to set the data source location:

Please refer to 1215396 - How to set the data source location in Crystal Reportsfor the above.

I suggest you to refer to u2018Crystal Reports Online Help (F1)u2019 for information on how to set datasource location in Crystal Reports XI.

Please ensure that you need to u2018Verify Databaseu2019 immediately after setting datasource location for the report. In order to do u2018Verify Databaseu2019 from Crystal Reports, please follow the steps given below:

*.Go to u2018Databaseu2019 menu | u2018Verify Databaseu2019

*.A message stating u2018Database is up to dateu2019 would appear.

3.Now refresh the report.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the version of crystal reports[Help>>About Crystal reports]...Are you getting this error while using both the connectivity patterns i.e Access/Excel and ODBC.

FYI -

Office 2007 is officially tested only with CR 2008.So can you try with this version of Crystal Reports.